Cultivated Reef

Weeber's Flaming Pico!

weeber

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i picked up some great stuff foam for small gaps and cracks and was wondering if this is ok to use.

On the other hand i had a great surprise when i went to my lfs to pic up some water and other stuff for the contest and it turned out my lfs had my super secret fish that will go into this tank and for a super great price so i asked him to hold onto for about a week and then i will put him in a little holding container that will be in my larger tank and i will let my tank become stable before i put him in it. im so happy :D

They are an awesome fish, but also extremely shy most of the time. If you are lucky you'll see it twice a month during feeding, the rest of the time they usually hide in the rock holes. Hopefully yours wont be as bashful as most are!

Oh I thought everyone knew that it was for a flaming prawn already haha, that should be really cool. The small tank is better for it since you will hopefully be able to see it more often :)

They are an awesome fish, but also extremely shy most of the time. If you are lucky you'll see it twice a month during feeding, the rest of the time they usually hide in the rock holes. Hopefully yours wont be as bashful as most are!

yes i know this that is the main reason im putting him in this tank because i feel i will have a much better chance of seeing him. fingerscrossed

yes i know this that is the main reason im putting him in this tank because i feel i will have a much better chance of seeing him. fingerscrossed

Yeah, I'm looking to pick one up too. I may wait on that till around July or August though. Otherwise I'm certain to go over the 450 livestock limit in hlander's contest.

animalmaster6
well i picked up some great stuff foam for small gaps and cracks and was wondering if this is ok to use.

On the other hand i had a great surprise when i went to my lfs to pic up some water and other stuff for the contest and it turned out my lfs had my super secret fish that will go into this tank and for a super great price so i asked him to hold onto for about a week and then i will put him in a little holding container that will be in my larger tank and i will let my tank become stable before i put him in it. im so happy :D

Awesome!

i probably wont be able to start the tank until this tuesday or Wednesday because my rock and my light are not here plus i have a lot goin on in school.

Yes you can use it, every little bit of filtration will help maintaining biodiversity in your rock. As for the length of time it'll take, depends on a number of factors, including the quality of the rock you've started with. Could take hours, could take a couple of weeks. For this reason you're better off with pre-cured rock, at this size it's not going to break your bank to spend the extra.

animalmaster6
i probably wont be able to start the tank until this tuesday or Wednesday because my rock and my light are not here plus i have a lot goin on in school.

Tests and quizzes?

I would like to set homework on fire, spit on tis ashes, and then dump it in the ocean. I hate it!

I may have a matis shrimp :(:tears:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry2644842

that sucks i hope he doesnt do harm to ur fish but it could be a cool inhabitant if he doesnt hurt him and also u could keep him in there when u upgrade and use that tank for something else. have u ever seen the end of him? good luck :)

animalmaster6
that sucks i hope he doesnt do harm to ur fish but it could be a cool inhabitant if he doesnt hurt him and also u could keep him in there when u upgrade and use that tank for something else. have u ever seen the end of him? good luck :)

Thanks!

Codeman might help me get him. If he helps he wants it for his fuge

ohh and i forgot to mention that the flaming prawn goby is only 50 BUCKS!!!!!! omgomgomg so it wont take a huge dent out of my budget. im so excited. :)

omgomgomg Lucky!

thanks i cant wait because i finally might get my dream fish. i :wub: these fish especially after i saw this one because it was the first one i ever saw in person.

these fish are even cooler in person if that is possible but to get a good idea of how they behave look up flaming prawn goby or spikefin goby on youtube and there are a few good vids of them and how they behave.

animalmaster6
ohh and i forgot to mention that the flaming prawn goby is only 50 BUCKS!!!!!! omgomgomg so it wont take a huge dent out of my budget. im so excited. :)

Yay That is really awesome!!!!!!!!

When are you putting rock in?

Archived