Cultivated Reef

FS:. Custom mesh aquarium lids

n00bferlife

I would like to order one as well. Do you have a template already for a 30g Oceanic Cube?

I would like a solid cover though with no hinges in the middle.

hey. I don't have the template, but if you give me measurements, I can make you whatever you want. Hinge less won't be an issue. Just take a tape measure and measure each side. Be sure to measure kind of loose. Loose is always better than tight once I get measurements and payment via paypal, 48 hrs till shipping. As always I provide the fastest shipping available, also shipping conformation.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's pretty good. I like MeshMakers better as a business name instead of a product name.

TankToppers

AquariumTopper

TankLids

TankMesh

AquaScreen

AquaLids

AquaMesh

FishKeeper

FishSaver

FishLids

InvisiTop

InvisiLid

InvisiScreen

MeshSaver

FishFrames

HoleyLids!

NoMoreJumpers!

That's what I could think of in a few minutes and only 1 cup of coffee into the morning - maybe something different will click with you or someone else after reading the list. Decide on a name and head right over to dotster.com or similar and register the domain(s).

hmmmm...well thank you for your input. lastnight was a long night and i totally agree meshmakers is best suited for a business name.AquaMesh, however, sounds like a winner too me. but id still like to hear others input.

additionally, i have deveopled a new product which i think maybe well suited for those of you who have a higher wattage metal hailde fixture, ie, 250 or 400w. i know for a fact that the mesh handles great under 150w fixtures, but like many others, im not sure about the higher wattages of some of these fixture. so, for example lets take a tank that 48"x48"(my dream tank). i would make my mesh top, as i normally do, however, directly under the fixture there will be a piece of glass. the glass may get hot, but aluminum is a great conductor of heat, so the heat will dissipate before it hits the mesh. take a look and tell me what yall think. this is a very rough example

post-46223-1264542481_thumb.jpg

I don't usually say much, BUT, if I were doing a search on the internet for a mesh top for my aquarium?? AquaScreen, AquaMesh,TankMesh, well you get the idea. Just please think about it. I like your product.

Sure if you are handy, have the tools etc. But what about me? A single woman, a busy person, somebody who may enjoy the hobby without doing everything themselves? I got some eggcrate and made a basket that I don't have to look at by the way, (sorry InTank) but I can't always do everything myself. I think you can really get something going with this product. Good luck!

I thought about coming up with a product like this myself, but did not want to use aluminum for the frames. I have made several of these using acrylic frames(pic below). The clear mesh only lasts about a year. The black mesh seems to last longer, if you get the UV resistant mesh. It will not melt easily. MY 250 DE MH is only about 3-4 inches from the netting on mine.

The window frames are not painted, but anodized which helps protect the aluminum from corrosion. I would recommend wiping any spills or splashes off as it will still corrode. You should be using stainless or plastic fasteners. What size mesh opening are you using? I like small fish so recommend the 1/4' mesh. How tight a radius can you get out of the aluminum frame? Do you think you could bend it tight enough for a Current USA Cardiff aquarium? The Cardiff is like the Solana, but round in front. For the Solana I would put a door on the back over the filter compartments. I started to build one for my Cardiff but was not totally happy with how it was coming out so I never finished it.

post-6337-1264582832_thumb.jpg post-6337-1264582711_thumb.jpg

corallineadam

yeah you CAN diy anything! by that fallacy of an argument, why do tank companies, lighting companies, etc exist? we can all just DIY build are own lights and our own aquariums! :lol:

Seriously tho many people would rather pay a little $ and not have to do it themselves -- whether its a tank, a mh light, or in this case a tank cover...

so props man! keep up the good work! it seems like you really have got a cool idea for a unique product that has a definite demand :D

I thought about coming up with a product like this myself, but did not want to use aluminum for the frames. I have made several of these using acrylic frames(pic below). The clear mesh only lasts about a year. The black mesh seems to last longer, if you get the UV resistant mesh. It will not melt easily. MY 250 DE MH is only about 3-4 inches from the netting on mine.

The window frames are not painted, but anodized which helps protect the aluminum from corrosion. I would recommend wiping any spills or splashes off as it will still corrode. You should be using stainless or plastic fasteners. What size mesh opening are you using? I like small fish so recommend the 1/4' mesh. How tight a radius can you get out of the aluminum frame? Do you think you could bend it tight enough for a Current USA Cardiff aquarium? The Cardiff is like the Solana, but round in front. For the Solana I would put a door on the back over the filter compartments. I started to build one for my Cardiff but was not totally happy with how it was coming out so I never finished it.

post-6337-1264582832_thumb.jpg post-6337-1264582711_thumb.jpg

im using a black mesh that my dad has used outside, for years, in the las vegas sun. he most recent has been up for 2 years keeping the birds away from his prized figs and palmos. im pretty sure i can handle the cardiff radius.ifyou wanna send me a template, ill give anything a whirl.

Thanks for the quote nOObferlife, but I think I'm going to build my own. Good luck with your sales!

no prob bud, and thanks. just make sure you pul you mesh tight...or itll look like mudd

Quick question. Does the hinge and bar that the hinges on block a lil bit of light and create a shadow? And can you make them with out hinges and door? I think its a great looking product! B)

I have t5's. So no, not in my tank. And yes I can make them with out hinges and doors. I have already made a few.

If you charge extra to add a door or hinge, would you lower the price to make one without any doors or hinges?

do you have a plan for suspending your lids on rimless tanks? i'd love some ideas.

they little plastic brackets that would would. there similar to the ones for the solana. can be found at home depot.

also, i would like t add i have made quite a few lids.....quite a few....and i have lost close to 200 on this. with that factor in play, prices have to rise. im sorry to all, but it is what needs to be doe. 80 for for the biocube.

sorry everyone, but i own a full tim landscaping business and cannot afford to do this without some kind of profit.

thaks for everyones support thus far, but i know with the increase, no one will wat one, its a shame, cause they really are cool. i made my self a new one for my bc. ill post pics inna few

they little plastic brackets that would would. there similar to the ones for the solana. can be found at home depot.

also, i would like t add i have made quite a few lids.....quite a few....and i have lost close to 200 on this. with that factor in play, prices have to rise. im sorry to all, but it is what needs to be doe. 80 for for the biocube.

sorry everyone, but i own a full tim landscaping business and cannot afford to do this without some kind of profit.

thaks for everyones support thus far, but i know with the increase, no one will wat one, its a shame, cause they really are cool. i made my self a new one for my bc. ill post pics inna few

Hey n00bferlife in what aisle @ HD would one find these brackets? Thank you.

Hey n00bferlife in what aisle @ HD would one find these brackets? Thank you.

Why would he tell you out in the topic where he's trying to sell these things?

Common sense should tell you that you should've private messaged this to him.

Why would he tell you out in the topic where he's trying to sell these things?

Common sense should tell you that you should've private messaged this to him.

If he said you can find them at home depot it obviously isn't a trade secret. common sense

Oooooo, you have the machine that makes the rounded front part. I had to hammer my front piece out for my NC6. Looked so ghetto. I would have bought one of these for under $100 if you started selling them 3 months ago, haha.

Archived