ReefCleaners.org

FS:. Custom mesh aquarium lids

n00bferlife

LivingStrong08
not hating, just think you shouldnt try to make such a profit off of people. Plus, i think you need to become a vendor to sell your products on here.

I don't think so... Evil isn't a vendor when he started selling his Sunpod LED Add-on's. There is a lot of others as well. :)

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not hating, just think you shouldnt try to make such a profit off of people. Plus, i think you need to become a vendor to sell your products on here.

ok. guy, im not making that much of a profit, like i already stated. and if someone with any kind of authority brings it to my attention that i need to become a vendor, then i will. until then......

People need these tops, and he's willing to make them. I support it. I don't think the money is the issue, it is the time that it takes to make these.

So many things wrong with this paragraph.

Theres quite a few diy'rs and frequant sellers on the livestock forum on here whom aren't vendor's are you going to go after them now ??? LOL !!

Also imo people selling products price it to the supplies, time, effort, supply & demand factor and most importantly the attention to detail to produce a quality of a product.

Such a foolish statement Jerfrog.

What exactly is the profit considering time, shipping and materials?

If they're overpriced, people won't buy them, and he will stop. If people appreciate the product and value given, he will continue to provide a valuable service.

These things handle themselves.

i will make them for any tank. allthough, tanks like aquapod, nanocube etc, i will need a cardboard template sent to me. its best to have it fit a little loose, rather than tight.

the three people going after me are the three people that bought them huh? lol

relax, this is my last post in here. Jacobnano you got a pm

Lol you don't think he should be making profit off of people? What are you a communist?

Lol you don't think he should be making profit off of people? What are you a communist?

all hail the iron fist....

ps. fwiw: I have a thin piece of Plexiglas over my tank with no melting issues. I think the mesh the OP is referring to is almost like a thick fishing line. Shouldn't melt since air passes through it

all hail the iron fist....

ps. fwiw: I have a thin piece of Plexiglas over my tank with no melting issues. I think the mesh the OP is referring to is almost like a thick fishing line. Shouldn't melt since air passes through it

good job with last post

I am going to chime in on the profit part.He drives to the hardware to buy all this stuff so say 5 dollars in gas back and fourth.Then he has around 20-25 dollars in materials. Lets not count his time lets say he is doing it for free. Now we are at 25-30 dollars he makes it then he has to buy a box and tape. 5-6 dollars on a box and tape.Has anyone priced boxes or tape lately? Or he can go drive and find a box but he still has to pay for gas.Now we are at 35-36 dollars.Now he has to drive to the post office there is another 5 dollars in gas now he has to ship it with delivery confirmation that is probally 15 dollars if it is going from coast to coast.So now the total is $56.00 dollars. What if his hacksaw breaks and he needs a new blade or a new razor knife?I don't think this guy is making a profit I think his first few he might be loosing a few dollars.Ow and to set the record straight I am not buying one just because I don't need one.But the quality looks awesome.

My question is, how do you bend the frame for the curved glass?

I tried a while back and I wasn't able to. Did you heat it or what?

My question is, how do you bend the frame for the curved glass?

thats my trade secret :-)

What about for a 75 AGA?

if you can dream it, i can build it

2 openings 16.5"X22.5". These are loose measurements.

pm'd

2 openings 16.5"X22.5". These are loose measurements.

pm'd

yes, it explains how to make a mesh top with the frame. You can get the frame pieces and the small hinges at Do It Center and you can buy a piece of mesh for 89cents here on the boards

This is one of the big reasons I come to boards like this - to see what other people do with their setups. I think the concept is pretty simple he's found a better mouse trap, put a price on it and if people like the price they'll buy it. I don't see a gun to anyones head or a patent lawsuit and it is in the classifieds so I'm failing to see the harm.

What's got me baffled is how he's making for $65 - I don't have a current need but I'm almost ready to order one.

This is one of the big reasons I come to boards like this - to see what other people do with their setups. I think the concept is pretty simple he's found a better mouse trap, put a price on it and if people like the price they'll buy it. I don't see a gun to anyones head or a patent lawsuit and it is in the classifieds so I'm failing to see the harm.

What's got me baffled is how he's making for $65 - I don't have a current need but I'm almost ready to order one.

what do you mean? i mean im going to be at a loss for a little bit, as far as my stimations go, but if i can get enouugh orders in, ill buy everything in bulk. if i dont, then prices may rise, so if i were you, i would order now!!

Archived