Innovative Marine Aquariums

Question from the newb....

fliberdygibits

fliberdygibits

I have been "dabbling" in larger reef/marine tanks, and in fresh water for some time, but I am now taking my first step into the world of nanos and I am going all out. I have small eclipse system 3 set up at work. It is stock now, but I have been contemplating squeezing a 13 watt power compact under the hood..... the other way to go would be to work with low light critters. Reccomendations?

The build in pump says it circulates 35 gallons an hour, which in a 3 gallon tank is something like 11 times an hour turnover (enough I think)

Right now the tank is just cycling. I have my rock and sand in place, just planning the inhabitants. What would be some good choices in low light corals or inverts (like dusters)? Any reccomendations on tiny SW fish that would work? I plan on doing VERY regular water changes with RO water, maybe a gallon a week (maybe half a week)?

Ideas? thoughts? I am not an "expert" by any means, so don't throw any difficult to keep corals or critters at me:)

Thanks.

NaNO ReeFiN

Although it's possible, you shouldn't attempt to keep fish in a tank that small. 3 gallons just isn't enough room for a fish. Actually... 3 gal. isn't enough room for a "happy" fish. You should probably stick to just crabs and snails in a tank that small.

Guest LudavicoTechnique

You could fit some nice sized corals in that size, and some cool inverts. Go with hermits and snails... maybe a shrimp.

Archived