mdannyg

mdannyg's 33.5 gallon

Hey danny what bulb combo are you running?

ATI - two Aqua Blue Specials and two Blue Plus.

my threadfin cardinals were acting a little odd earlier. I'm not sure if this was some mating or fighting ritual. they kept swimming along side each other facing opposite directions and then would face each other head-on. now they've stopped and are swimming separately again.

hey danny it definitely looked like mating behavior....have you seen eggs anywhere?

thanks rehype. ive hesitated because it seems to be going in a negative direction. that green birdsnest is not doing well (i thought they were a more hardy sps) and some other sps have lost some color. i am due to change bulbs though as its getting to be over a year, and i also really need to get another magnesium test kit. i just haven't been as motivated to spend money on my tank lately i guess and these might be the effects of that. other things seem to be doing well and growing though, but i haven't added anything.

Sorry to hear that danny....have you been dosing to maintain params or just doing water changes?

im still dosing alk regularly but have not dosed mg as regularly due to not testing for it. still always doing regular water changes though.

Wow nice tank. I'm lovin the rock work. The open water is gonna give your corals room to grow. His tank is looking sweet.

Sorry to hear your acros lost color. You said you dose alk regularly. What's your alk at? Cause Ive seen people in Florida dose alk to help keep ph up. Since our homes are usually tightly shut cause of the heat. The CO2 builds up and lowers the ph in your tank. So I've seen people over dose alk buffer to compensate the ph but unknowning that the alk shoots up way too fast.

I just love this tank! The setup is clean and I really like the mimalist approach to it. It makes me want to set up another nano tank.

I'm liking what I see Danny. Any updates on your birdsnest and the other sps? Curious to see if the issue was resolved

thanks. the birdsnest is gone :( but the other sps are looking better. i wonder if the birdsnest was just too low and far from the light or else too much in the direct vortech flow.

Here are a couple pictures finally.

6403445811_aedf34f782_z.jpg

a few less corals but more growth on the ones I have.

6403445647_6183f9d247.jpg

The blue tips on this look better in real life.

6403445907_063d1e1424.jpg

I've switched to white flexible tubing from the clear, and I love it.

Wow looks incredible danny that scape is so killer...

Still planning on running sans top?

Edited by siwelk

Still planning on running sans top?

i keep 2 pieces of glass on top of it when the lights are out and take them off when the lights come on.