inTank Media Baskets

1/4 Gallon Open Top SPS Cube

thesmallerthebetter

thesmallerthebetter
can we learn more about the base plate, houseing the heater???

Lookin very nice

the base plate is a project box purchased from my nearby electronics supply store and serves as a place to hide the circuitry for the thermostat and the motor components (ESC, PWM driver), as well as my "Flex watt heat tape" that i secured to the top inside of the box. heat rises through the box and bottom plate of the tank and warms the tank to a nice 78.3 with use of a simple thermostat circuit. :)

thesmallerthebetter
omgomgomg Wow! That is looking great. Fantastic work and best luck with the tank.

That is "clean" ... :bowdown::lockdown::wizard:

Dude your tank is freaking awesome. Love the design!

So Genius :o ... Louven it omgomgomg

thank you all for the kind words :)

im currently out on the hunt for a nice purple chunk of rock to start cycling with....and hopefully some new corals will be arriving soon :)

c_k_kuehne
im currently out on the hunt for a nice purple chunk of rock to start cycling with....and hopefully some new corals will be arriving soon :)

Yea that is the way i went. If you find the right piece you will virtually have no cycle to deal with. The Pico Lamp went from empty to cycled in a matter of minutes. Just keep looking till you find the right one. Do not settle for a piece of lesser quality just to get it up and going.

Looking forward to seeing this tank in action B)

Edited by c_k_kuehne
thesmallerthebetter

so, i went out looking for some frags/live rock today, and struck out. two of my favorite stores down here in socal had nada for this tank (almost left with a few nice non-photos for the other tank tho)....

looks like finding small enough frags, or purple enough rock is gonna be a #####....

anyone have any clues on where to find some small frags of high quality sps? other than tongs....that place blows hahaha

pismo_reefer

Im astounded...

the sheer awesomeness of this tank overwhelms me.

If you ever consider sellin the little beast,

consider me a first-in-line buyer.

I will immediately take this off yer hands.... ;)

Edited by pismo_reefer
thesmallerthebetter

NEW Additions!!!!!!

Phils Granulosa

Micro Dendro

Purple Polyped Green Birdsnest

Acropora Loripes

(Courtesy of member "amnestia")

DSC01650.jpg

DSC01644.jpg

DSC01643.jpg

DSC01648.jpg

DSC01647.jpg

DSC01646.jpg

Looking forward to seeing how these guys do :)

Edited by thesmallerthebetter
thesmallerthebetter
Thats an awesome setup. Any idea how much it cost to build if you dont mind?

I tried to keep a tally on everything i bought, and so far its up around $252.....not to mention the pints of blood and gallons of frustration.

now, bear in mind that i bought wrong parts, or broke parts during the fabrication stages, and to do this again would probably be around $150.....

it cud have been done much cheaper without the "pump" but thats part of the reason i built this tank, as an example of how everything that can be done to a larger system works on a smaller scale as well.....

to me its worth it, but im sure to others out there, spending 200 bucks on a tank the size of a coffee mug is a waste of time and money.

its a job well done. 3 drops C balance parts a and b on alternate days would be my dosing scrip lol

B

:) thanks brandon. i havnt tried dosing yet (actually pulled the frags back out soon after addition due to fear of getting a small cycle, they will be added back tho soon) but when i do im going to test several times a day for a week to get a feel for how the parameters react and adjust my dosing/water change interval as appropriate.

Mr. Microscope

That is a tiny birdsnest. So skinny! Awesome tank..er, pico....uh..femto? I can't wait to see how everything looks in a month.

twelvejewelz

please pm me how you made that pump i would love to make one for my nano without having to spend all that money on those vortechs! that's just to amazing for words! nice tank

please pm me how you made that pump i would love to make one for my nano without having to spend all that money on those vortechs! that's just to amazing for words! nice tank

yeah I can't wait to see some DIY details. It is pretty inspiring