Top Shelf Aquatics

My 28gal Nano Cube LED

cdr5y7

6 months in this tank yeah but took everything from my 75g that i set up feb 09.

but haven't thought about a nem cause my clown hosts in my frogspawn. and rather not have to deal with it moving around.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here's a pic of the new frogspawn (see left). got 10-12 heads on it. still getting used to the light. will get a better pic when it comes out a little more.

e3cd2b5f.jpg

littlelacho
Nice frogspawn. I'm picking up a few new corals this week or next, including a frogspawn as well.

Yes, nice frogspawn! I am still looking for the right color combination that I want after losing my big guy :( My LFS keeps getting in the beige color tips and I want the bright green like you've got. That is what I've had before and that is the color I like the most. I did see a rose colored frogspawn online and it looks sweet but alas...I am never home for shipping :(

ya i understand how that goes. i can sometimes can get the fiance to be there for me but its almost not worth the shipping costs anymore. i got lucky and buddy had that for sale.

iv seen some cool orange tipped frogspawn that looks pretty sweet. look at my new frogspawn i almost think it might be a hammer. some of the tips have the hammer on them but most are just the circle tips like frogspawn. oh well still looks cool.

ill take a pic tonight and post it.

littlelacho

Yeah, the shipping is brutal unless you reach their spending limit to get free shipping. The frogspawn I saw is awesome and only $60, definitely worth it for the size and color, but their shpping is another $40 and you can't get the free shipping until you spend $200...unfortunately for me, that is impossible lol! THEN I have no one to be home to receive it anyway lol...bummer. Orange sounds nice too! I've seen the hammer/frogspawn mix and it is definitely cool...

Looking forward to the pics :)

yeah. its been weird though. some are super super slow growers and other super fast. i gave the super slow one to my buddy and its doubled in size for him under MH. so i think it just depends on each coral. but yes you can.

so i got an update. i had a gift card to amazon so i bought a TLF phosban reactor and pump. and should be here Wednesday. going to get some GFO from my buddy and see how it works. will post pics when i get it up and running.

littlelacho
so i got an update. i had a gift card to amazon so i bought a TLF phosban reactor and pump. and should be here Wednesday. going to get some GFO from my buddy and see how it works. will post pics when i get it up and running.

Nice...should work out great and yes, absolutely post some pics when you get it up and running :)

Great Thread - Your tank looks fantastic.

I'm sitting in the cycle, just waitng for things to improve.

Keep posting the pics as there brill...

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, its been a few weeks since iv posted on here and updated. been busy finalizing wedding plans.

anyway so i had a change of heart or just needed a change. so i sold my 6line and clown to a friend here in town. and bought a pair of banded pipefish.

have doing research on them for a while and decided to take the plung. and i am glad i did.

they are amazing fish. its fun to watch them swim out into the stream of the mp10 and just ride the current.

at first i was worried about the mp10 but they love it.

also got a hammer frag from one of my buddies. so here are some photo updates.

• 2 months later...

Ok so its been 2 months and everything has changed. so over the past couple weeks i lost a goby and 2 pipefish to my pistol shrimp so i said this is enough and decided to get the lil f@#$er out of the tank.

this also allowed me to reaquascape since my montis were growing into the glass.

so when i got my pistol he was no bigger than 1/2in and now hes at 2.5-3in long.

4a778b82.jpg

so here is how its been since i set up the tank.

4408290a.jpg

and here is how it is now.

ca52e3e6.jpg

thanks. yeah it was either that or i had to keep breaking them off due to them growing into the glass. glad i chose this. that and able to get the damn pistol out of my tank.

yeah just hard with the frogspawn cause its grown into the rock so there really isnt a place to put it. and the big reason for the change was the orange cap was growing into my glass.

you have a link to your thread, love to check out your tank.

Archived