inTank Media Baskets

My 28gal Nano Cube LED

cdr5y7

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cdr, you said you bought the JBJ nano skimmer for your tank. A skimmer didn't come with that setup?? Darn I would have sold you mine if I knew you needed one. Anyone else want to buy mine :)

with the LED tanks they dont come with a skimmer. the HQi do but its not the same skimmer as that. might try classified section to sell.

anyone with nano cube using JBJ ATO? id like to see some pics of it installed and how you have it setup.

thinking about getting one but would like more info.

littlelacho
anyone with nano cube using JBJ ATO? id like to see some pics of it installed and how you have it setup.

thinking about getting one but would like more info.

Looking to get that as well. Go into Urbanek's thread. He has pics of his ATO set up :) Everything is looking good!

thanks for the heads up. looks good. my only question is with the aqua lifter pump does the hose connected to the jug of water go to the bottom of the jug? it looks like its just at the top?

littlelacho
nvm, i found a few more pics of setups. looks pretty sweet.

Good! Yeah, will definitely be pretty sweet to not have to worry about pouring water in there 4 times a day! I am buying an RO/DI unit first, then the ATO will be my next purchase.

sweet. i bought my ro system when i had my 75g set up and by far is right up there with the mp10 on best things i have bought.

for me here in columbia the tap water is around 400ppm and our lfs wasn't much better. they typically were around 200ppm.

so being able to control my water quality and have it at 000ppm has been great.

looks like http://www.jbjchillers.com/contents/en-us/d754.html

has them at the cheapest right now for brand new. then the aqua lifter looks pretty cheap. think this will be my next project.

also looking into getting a goby for my pistol shrimp and possible a plate coral.

omg, congratulations, looks really nice

most of all, i was checking the rock from the first post, looked really nice from day 1

thanks. i know looking back to the beginning things look so much different today. and cant wait to see how things look in another 6-12 months.

littlelacho

Yep, my LFS store has them for the same price so you may want to check out yours to see if they carry them for that price to save on shipping.

Yeah, I don't have a TDS meter to test my RO/DI that I get from the LFS but no real algae outbreaks since my first (and only) cyano outbreak at about 1 month old. But hopefully, I will be getting my system soon and I do plan on grabbing a TDS meter as well.

my buddy had the TDS meter so i just borrowed it from him. really i just wanted to see the different from adding my add on DI unit. and check it every 3-4 months or so. great way to tell when you need to replace the filters.

Thanks for the tip, ill check my LFS. but knowing them they will want to charge 90+. they are more in it for the profit vs. helping out reefers.

your tank is looking VERY nice !

I'll post some pics of my setup on my thread later so we can compare. It's been a while anyways

sweet. look forward to checking them out. should have my YWG this week and still search for a plate coral to go in the tank.

sweet. look forward to checking them out. should have my YWG this week and still search for a plate coral to go in the tank.

Are you planning on getting it a pistol shrimp partner as well?

iv had a pistol in there for about 3 months. i also tried a goby to pair him with but LFS got me the wrong kind that doesnt pair. and then something happened and he died. so now trying to get him to pair with a YMG.

so got my YWG and got him in the tank. hes pretty shy because i havent seen him since. all i know is when he went into the tank he went right into the cave where my pistol has claimed it for his pool house.

also got a plate from a local guy. from the pics cant see but he has an orange mouth.

cd7c4011.jpg

96bf1c73.jpg

ca746bb1.jpg

so cool to watch him eat. and not in that pic but when he eats you can really see the orange mouth he has. also good news. last night i was looking around with my red light and saw 2 eyes and a mouth staring at me. it was the YWG i put in there. he was in the cave where the pistol hangs out.

so I'm pretty sure they have paired. still shy but ill get a pic up once i can get one of them out together.

also got frag of some green and purple tipped frogspawn last night. ill post some pics of that also. got about 10-12 heads on it.

Archived