Top Shelf Aquatics

My 28gal Nano Cube LED

cdr5y7

finally got my mp10 in from marine depot. so far trying to figure out the mode i like the best.

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
littlelacho

Too funny with the blenny lol! Strange spot but he is apparently liking his new hangout. Good for you picking up the mp10...would love to get one but can't afford that right now so sticking with the K1 for the moment lol. I think it looks much better in the tank since it takes up less space in there and love that the motor is outside the tank. Also a better option for if you upgrade tanks at some point :)

ya i think its his hammock. little lounge area. anyway, yes i was the same way but sold my K1 and nano and sold a few frags and was able to get the mp10. right now trying to figure out the best mode to keep it in. so many options. love the feeding mode and night mode built in. crazy what they are coming up with.

ill get a better FTS tonight. iv moved around a few things since i got the mp10.

littlelacho
ya i think its his hammock. little lounge area. anyway, yes i was the same way but sold my K1 and nano and sold a few frags and was able to get the mp10. right now trying to figure out the best mode to keep it in. so many options. love the feeding mode and night mode built in. crazy what they are coming up with.

ill get a better FTS tonight. iv moved around a few things since i got the mp10.

Wow, that is great! I didn't realize it had all those modes built into it? I will have to do more reading up on it. LOL...I am far from being able to sell any frags but I will put it on my "wish list"...maybe santa will bring me one for xmas lol. Anyway..that is great, and yes, put up some pics. No room to talk here as I haven't updated either but still....

Meengineer0128

Sweet. I am looking at getting the mp10w ES. Its the new Wireless model that they have out. Is that the one that you bought??? Can't wait to see the new pics!!!!

How is the SPS and clam doing??? I am setting up my JBJ 28 LED sometime this month, but I am using it as a frag tank.

so got an update. as of right now i am housing my buddies corals for him. so thats why its a little crowded. his cat knocked his sunpod in his tank and fried everything. so im housing them until he gets everything back and running again.

203bfde7.jpg

littlelacho
so got an update. as of right now i am housing my buddies corals for him. so thats why its a little crowded. his cat knocked his sunpod in his tank and fried everything. so im housing them until he gets everything back and running again.

203bfde7.jpg

Wow...well that sucks for him but nice of you!

203bfde7.jpg

cats are #######s!

haha i would agree. the biggest thing we are trying to save is his 20-25 head hammer sitting on my frag rack. but i don't know if its going to come back. most of his zoas are starting to respond.

anyway my latest update is i took like gsp from my rock i had it on and glued it to my back wall. most of my rock doesn't actually touch my back wall so i figured would be easy to control. and not to mention iv had the gsp for 5 months and has barely grown.

• 2 weeks later...
so im now at 6 months with my LED tank and wanted to compare the growth.

IMG_00781.jpg

2b657744.jpg

LOOKS SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTT. I'm stoked.

so today i decided to rewire everything in my tank and velcroed/screwed some things to the side walls and pinned down some wires so its not so cluttered. i also added some sugar sand.

i added about cup and half of new and let it settled and in couple weeks add a little more.

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

• Like 1

I have pretty much the same up. I have some red and some blue shrooms. They don't seem happy about the bright LEDs. I have them on the bottom of tank and don't really have a shaded area to hide them. Do you have any shrooms? How are they doing?

i lost one of my buddies mushrooms in the tank somewhere and it hasn't showed up. so i would say they don't handle the LEDs as well as other lights.

and i got the blenny from my fiance on Valentines day. so hes been in there a while now.

the frogspawn has been weird for me. i put it in a hole in the rock and it actually grew to the rock and the base has taken over the rock.

they are very pissed at me right now. my dusk/dawn LEDs (actinic) lights went out and took 2 weeks to get JBJ to fix it. come to find out they wired everything wrong. anyway just got it back the right way. so they are a little pissed at me right now.

any suggests are welcome.

ya, mine are just pissed in the light change over the past 2 weeks. i ran the dusk/dawn most of the day and slowly turning the main lights back one and increasing the length. and the zoas seem to be doing better.

next week have some idaho grape and spongode frags coming in. will get some pics posted.

Tank looks great bro! I'm glad the zoas are bouncing back. I can't wait to see the idaho grape and spongodes! I have a small suggestion. A few days ago I put all of my power strips with attached cords on the top shelf inside of my stand so that I had drip loops in everything. I'm sure there's a better way with velcro or something that doesnt sacrifice shelf space, but it seemed like the thing to do at the time. I was told its not an "if" you have a drip or overflow from something, its a "when". I've heard horror stories about electrical fires and tanks crashing recently that got me motivated! How is the clam doin?

Drew

thanks. and thanks for the suggestion, ill look into that. the clam is doing well. my pistol shrimp kept trying to build a pool house under the rock the clam was on and kept knocking him off. so had to move him. but hes doing fine now.

once i get the frags in ill get some pics up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived