ReefCleaners.org

My 28gal Nano Cube LED

cdr5y7

my normal temp is stable at 78. so updated tank shot as of 3/7/10. i traded my yumas for a clam. so far so good.

c341acb1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
littlelacho

Great looking tank! I am glad to see that you like the jbj skimmer as I just received my 28 HQI and I was planning on running the stock skimmer. Noticed a lot of mixed reviews on it but your tank looks great so it looks as though it is good enough! Keep the pics coming :)

ya everyone said they hated the skimmer. it works and for 40 bucks im happy with it. initially it took a little bit for it to break in but then it works great. have to empty it everyday.

ya i would def recommend this tank to anyone wanting a nano. awesome growth out of all my corals. and my zoas are going crazy. trying to get more sps frags. next will be sunset and superman montis.

Ordered one last night, thanks for the recommendation!! Are you running a ato? Did you run into any issues during your setup? Your tank really looks great!

Thanks

Greg

Not running ato. Doesn't go through enough water to really need ato just fill up a cup and pour in. And only problem we ran into setting up was the stand. They labled the pieces wrong so took us about 2 hours to setup. First it was door upside down then base was ontop. Just look at the pic of it and follow directions even though some will be marked wrong.

Not running ato. Doesn't go through enough water to really need ato just fill up a cup and pour in. And only problem we ran into setting up was the stand. They labled the pieces wrong so took us about 2 hours to setup. First it was door upside down then base was ontop. Just look at the pic of it and follow directions even though some will be marked wrong.

Loving that Midas. Is it out for a majority of the time or does it hide in the rockwork? I got a lawnmower blenny a few days back and he just perches in a small cave in the LR work staring at me from the shadows :-(

It took me a little bit to get the stand figured out also, so I feel your pain. I also used Gorilla glue on the dowels and along the seams too for good measure, seems to have made it pretty darn stiff and solid. Is it just me, or did the chrome cylinders seem a bit on the low end of the quality spectrum?

yes the chrome cylinders are very low quality. i was scared to chip them just by screwing them in.

Vesian- my midas has a hole he rests in but anytime i or anyone enters the room he will swim out and swim around in the tank. still love how he finds his hole then backs into it. so crazy.

• 2 weeks later...
kennycs1292

awesome the tank. i have the cf-quad and im lovin it. i also have the jbj skimmer. at first the airline tubing kept coming out stopping it from skimming, but i replaced it with better tubing and now its working great. Just gotta take off the collection cup every time you open the hood >.<

lookin forward to seeing more of your tank

-kenny

Asureef- skimmer is working great. i did have a problem a week ago with the pump becoming very loud but i called Dr. fosters and they sent me an entire new skimmer and works great. the pump is silent now and the air stone seems to be looser than before i don't have to turn the pump on high just to create skimate.(sp?)

kenny- i also have to replace the hose. just went to lowes and got the 20ft roll of hose and works great.

i find that when im trying to get something in the back i have to the the cup off but i can reach the front without having to take it off.

• 3 weeks later...

so not really a tank update. but last week i bought an add on DI unit for my RO system. id had some problems with my ppm readings around 60. i think cause our water is just horrible. anyway i was able to add the DI and manual shut off valves so we can still just have RO water and then turn on and have RO/DI.

anyways i hooked it up and BOOM instant 000ppm. did a wc this weekend and will do another one this week trying to filter out old water. hopefully the small patches of GHA will start to go away.

other than that not much going on this moment. still looking for some eye popping corals to add to the tank.

if anyone was looking for di add on also this is where i got it. fast shipping and awesome prices.

http://www.thefilterguys.biz/

iv been thinking about it. my only thing i would think about it possible painting the top and bottom acrylic. with the nano-glo in there i seem to get a build up on my chemi-pure. i think its from the light. so would you think painting the top and bottom would block out the light and just let the chaeto chamber get the light?

iv been thinking about it. my only thing i would think about it possible painting the top and bottom acrylic. with the nano-glo in there i seem to get a build up on my chemi-pure. i think its from the light. so would you think painting the top and bottom would block out the light and just let the chaeto chamber get the light?

That is definitely an option but one I don't think is necessary. There are several folks on here running the middle as a fuge with the other 2 chambers clear. I've not heard from anyone that they were having the issue described. The new basket allows for a lot more flow which could keep things moving through there better.

Damn that first set of pics needs to come with a warning, I'm still seeing dots, lol. Good looking tank nice job on the rock work.

Archived