Innovative Marine Aquariums

Hawke's Pico Lamp

c_k_kuehne

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

CK I hadn't checked for an update on your tank in a while this looks great man! are those little green star polyps climbing up the back glass or is that an anthelia/clove?

I see purple in your scape, happy thick corals and no bad algae nice artistry thats tough for this size range.

very few of the tanks I see in the contest have those while sabellid fanworms naturally occuring on the back glass someones got great suspended feed consistency lol

Thanks for the kind words Brandon.

Those are micro blue cloves growing up the back and are now spreading across the front rock and some on the circular rock.

The tank is doing good with mixed results. Some things really like it while others are just hanging on. I figure Nature and Darwin will figure it all out and in the end It'll all be a happy tank ;)

I basically do a massive feeding once per week (Cyclops-eze and Marine Snow) followed the next day with a 90% WC, clean the glass once a month. Other then that I don't touch it.

I did do an impeller cleaning at the 6 month mark.

I came home from work tonight and the corals were not out and looking good like they usually are. Upon further inspection my ATO tube was clogged so the tank was low on water (and high on salinity). I gave it a shot of "fresh well water" and things are starting to look better. Tomorrow I will fix the ATO issue and give it a major WC.

Just a quick look from across the room is all that's needed. If the water level ever gets below the top hood trim then something has gone horribly wrong ........

But ..........

I actually noticed (from across the room) the corals not opening up properly even before I noticed the water level slightly below the hood trim.

Who needs chemical test kits when you have live coral test kits ;)

Well I neglected the tank for the last 3 weeks (since the last pic) :o But I got it under control again -- I think.

Gave it a big WC and got the ATO back working. Will do another smaller WC tomorrow and then give it a day and post my Sept pic as the month is ending soon.

I'm a bad reefer at times :slap:

Archived