ReefCleaners.org

Coral Accident! Bubble Corals are MEAN! ^_^

anthony812

Ok, this is my first coral vs coral accident!

I went home last ight and found one of my Bubble Coral stretched out its tenicles and touching my other corals. One was in one of the frog spawn branch and 2 on two of the branches of my Purple Torch! and guess what, i remove and pushed away the bubble and later on the night, the torch and frog spawn that was touched by the bubble coral were melting and dying!!

the other branches that weren't touched by the bubble are fine.

BTW, Liz is comming over tonight to trade for my hammer coral, and since i have too much corals (I believe) i will give away a couple of them if you guys are willing to drive to my house.

I will take any donations of small-medium size LR and a portion of live sand (with critters is the best!) and i will trade corals for them...

A bubble, a torch, a frogspawn, and a hammer? Those are all the corals I would love to have, but don't because they're likely too aggressive. Out of curiosity, how big is the bubble coral and how long were the sweepers? Have you seen sweepers on the others (frogspawn, hammer, torch) at all?

The sweeper were like 2-3 inches long..and i haven't seen sweepers on the other corals at all! do i suppose to?

Originally posted by jdiver

A bubble, a torch, a frogspawn, and a hammer? Those are all the corals I would love to have, but don't because they're likely too aggressive. Out of curiosity, how big is the bubble coral and how long were the sweepers? Have you seen sweepers on the others (frogspawn, hammer, torch) at all?

a quick question... can i put 2 bubbles close to eachther? or will they sting eachother and kill eachother? please let me know

I would think you'd still have problems. If you can adjust the currents just right, you may be able to (sweeper tenticles don't go upstream).

I may be able to help with your excess coral problem--I'll be down that way the week after next. I'll be on my way from camping, so it won't be practical to bring any corals down there though.

Ty

NaNO ReeFiN
Originally posted by LudavicoTechnique

Bubble corals are cruel little creatures.

But wouldn't we all like to have em' :D

i am sorry guys, i gave Lizbeth 5 pieces of my corals/frags last night...now my tank is opened up alittle...and guess what? i guess i will need to go buy more..hahahhaha...

I still have a frag/medium size Yellow Colt available. Its rubber banded on a piece of lr now. If anyone want it..LOCAL! let me know...Sorry Nanoreefin..i really don't want to use the postal services to send the corals.

I knew you were just using that as an excuse to go buy more. :)

See my post about having a problem. I think we all need reef anon.!

ALL LPS will fight fer teritory, but watch DIscovery channels Under water special Deep Blue SEA episode on coral warfare..... SPS are going at it .... ITS AWESOME !

any hooooo........ the Bubbles can touch.... tryt this arangement.

From right to left.... Bubble, Frogspawn Hammer, Torch, Frogspawn in that order... the others will kill eachother. they will buffer eachother..... This is 7 years experience talking...... BUT there can be exceptions... like Octo Bubbles and Branching Hammers. depending on color combinations and Pelagiac origins of the species...

Confused? GOOD.. NOW PAY ME ! mmamamaaaamaa HAHAHHA BBBBBWWAaaaaahahhahhaha !

hmmmm...don't really understand but oh well..i gave the torch to Lizbeth already... but i bought a Moon coral, Green Scoly, and a ??? coral..hahha... today...

Archived