Pod Your Reef

iPhone Solana...

DAHNIC561

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you still using your iPhone for pics?

If so what app?

Yes, No app just the phone itself...

Long time man! SOrry about the Nem issue..

Thanx, Hey you ever set up that tank?...

I went ahead and cut out the center of the stock glass lid...i like it better then my old acrylic version...check it out...my midas blenny went tile diving the other day...RIP....

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

NirvanaandTool

Why not just get a screen top for the tank? 1/4" mesh is where it's at. I'd give you mine from my old solana but I gave it away when I traded the tank for my new acrylic cube.

So whats the new stocking plans for the tank coral-wise?

Why not just get a screen top for the tank? 1/4" mesh is where it's at. I'd give you mine from my old solana but I gave it away when I traded the tank for my new acrylic cube.

So whats the new stocking plans for the tank coral-wise?

Wat up Nirvana hows your tank?...Kinda hard to feed thru a screen man plus this just looks better...lol...corals are not on my to-do list at the moment...unless u can hook me up wit some...lol...

NirvanaandTool
Wat up Nirvana hows your tank?...Kinda hard to feed thru a screen man plus this just looks better...lol...corals are not on my to-do list at the moment...unless u can hook me up wit some...lol...

My tank is gone lol. I traded my Solana for a reef ready acrylic cube w/ sump. In a mantis shrimp addiction sort of phase and the new cube screams Peacock mantis to me. Couldn't pass it up. I should be working on setting it up soon. I'll start a build thread on it when I get going on finishing the diy stand.

I was able to feed through the screen top. A feeding syringe like one from the lfs can fit right through the 1/4" holes and can squirt the food into the water column. You have to remove it to target feed but that's no big deal. True about the look, glass is a little easier on the eyes.

I've got nothing really to give. I lost a lot of my sps in the solana towards the end and gave a few friends my remaining corals. Kept a few zoas for my 7.5 but thats it. Right now I've only got frags of zoas and lps in my little tank. Waiting on things to grow out now

My tank is gone lol. I traded my Solana for a reef ready acrylic cube w/ sump. In a mantis shrimp addiction sort of phase and the new cube screams Peacock mantis to me. Couldn't pass it up. I should be working on setting it up soon. I'll start a build thread on it when I get going on finishing the diy stand.

I was able to feed through the screen top. A feeding syringe like one from the lfs can fit right through the 1/4" holes and can squirt the food into the water column. You have to remove it to target feed but that's no big deal. True about the look, glass is a little easier on the eyes.

I've got nothing really to give. I lost a lot of my sps in the solana towards the end and gave a few friends my remaining corals. Kept a few zoas for my 7.5 but thats it. Right now I've only got frags of zoas and lps in my little tank. Waiting on things to grow out now

I was just kidding about the hook up part but thanx anyway...yeah i'm kinda just waiting on wat my plans are you know i still have that Solana XL in the garage might set that up just figuring out wat it will cost me to stock the extra real estate...

just curious. I have solana 34 and the stock glass lid. But Im worried about little gap thats at left and right side of glass. Do you think midas blenny and firefish can fit through there? They are around 2 inch the firefish, and the midas is around almost 6

just curious. I have solana 34 and the stock glass lid. But Im worried about little gap thats at left and right side of glass. Do you think midas blenny and firefish can fit through there? They are around 2 inch the firefish, and the midas is around almost 6

i didn't use the lid with the gaps i used the older version which has no gaps...there is always a chance that they may fit thru???...

• 3 weeks later...

Just a couple of pics...every one seems to be doing' well after the RBTA removal...

IMG_1240.jpg

IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1234.jpg

haha everything started to do exponentially well in my tank once i got rid of my pesky RBTA

Yeah im glad its out...lol...

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the heads up on the stand! I like your tank a lot....great progress shots from beginning to now.

What are you running in terms of filtration and what's your water change routine like?

Thanks for the heads up on the stand! I like your tank a lot....great progress shots from beginning to now.

What are you running in terms of filtration and what's your water change routine like?

Thanx,Yeah when it starts to bubble up it looks real nasty...i use the Marineland bonded filter pads...I try and do 5 gallons of real salt water weekly...Your lighting is what i'm planning on upgrading to next although i love my 250w MH LED is the way to go...

Don't forget to tint the glass on the door...hides the mess and makes stand look real modern...

heres the link to the filter pads...

http://www.petco.com/product/5539/Marinela...CFQns7QodkwJbag

Found the oddest pair of clowns at my LFS so you know i had to grab them...One is an ORA extreme misbar percula and the Other an ORA B&W ocellaris ???

c1.jpg

Heres a Video of them crazy...

th_IMG_1354.jpg

thats a bad@ss pair of clowns! add pair are always the coolest

Thanx man...yeah i got a soft spot for weird clowns...

Diggin the tank man! B) Nice pickup on the clowns, I usually dont like the look of misbarred but I must say that one looks awesome!

Diggin the tank man! B) Nice pickup on the clowns, I usually dont like the look of misbarred but I must say that one looks awesome!

thanx...props on the Wu avy...Hip-hop aint dead long as they around homie...lol

wu tang wu tang i came to bring the pain hard core to the brain! haha good ish!!

wu tang wu tang i came to bring the pain hard core to the brain! haha good ish!!

^^ Haha! glad to see we got some hip-hop reefers! :lol:

^^ Haha! glad to see we got some hip-hop reefers! :lol:

Yesir....and not that soulja boy garbage either...lol...

Archived