Cultivated Reef

Multiple Shrimps in a tank

32Bit_Fish

I'm just curious can you keep multiple cleaner shrimps (3 shrimps) in a 20g tank? And can you keep one red fire shrimp with two cleaner shrimps in a 20g tank?

Are they territorial? If so, a bigger tank may needed to house multiple shrimps.

You never know how a particular animal will behave. But, I have had peppermints with cleaners in my 20H and had no problems. I would suggest introducing them all at the same time. My peppermints pretty much stayed on one side and the blood shrimp stayed in the middle, but never had problems.

I hope you don't plan on trying to feed your corals ever with 3 cleaners in a 20g. One by itself makes feeding a PITA I can't imagine 3...

I hope you don't plan on trying to feed your corals ever with 3 cleaners in a 20g. One by itself makes feeding a PITA I can't imagine 3...

Would the shrimps steal food from Coral? Nothing has been happened yet. Only rocks in the tank.

Would the shrimps steal food from Coral? Nothing has been happened yet. Only rocks in the tank.

yea a shrimp will take food from anything it can.

I'd feed the shrimps first and while they are busy then feed the corals.

for me it's fish feed (pellets) then coral food.

Multiple shrimps aren't really a problem. I have 6 peppermint, 6 cleaner, and a fire shrimp in my 95 gallon. They just eat what ever I feed the fish. They keep my tank pretty clean by eating all of the excess food I feed the tank. I only have 1 cleaner shrimp in my 24 gallon. However, they do steal food from the corals, so I usually will hand feed the shrimp as I'm feeding my Acans, trumpets, blastos, etc. It does get a little frustrating when they pull the food out of the acans.. But they haven't harmed any of them.

Is it ok to keep one cleaner and a fire shrimp in my 20g high tank?

Would the cleaner shrimp be bullied by the fire shrimp since the latter one is a bit of larger.

How come I haven't seen that many people talked about coral banded shrimp? Are they not popular?

callmesaul8889
Is it ok to keep one cleaner and a fire shrimp in my 20g high tank?

Would the cleaner shrimp be bullied by the fire shrimp since the latter one is a bit of larger.

How come I haven't seen that many people talked about coral banded shrimp? Are they not popular?

im currently housing my dads fire shrimp in my 20g and it's getting along fine with my skunk cleaner. theyve been together for a month now. the fire shrimp is a bit bigger, and they mind their own business

theyre not a cleaner type as far as i know, and they get big and are agressive i think. i was thinking about getting a cleaner but the whole stealing food from coral has put me off, i can bareley feed with a red scooter in the tank, hes not even scared of the forceps anymore

What do you guys think about sexy shrimps?

They are small and beautiful. Can I add several of them in my 20G?

If I add them with cleaner or fire shrimps. The sexy shrimps may get bullied around since they are so much smaller?

Here is my plan of shrimp stocking list:

1. Two cleaner shrimp

OR

2. One cleaner and one fire

OR

3. 3-4 Sexy and One cleaner or one fire

What do you guys think about sexy shrimps?

They are small and beautiful. Can I add several of them in my 20G?

If I add them with cleaner or fire shrimps. The sexy shrimps may get bullied around since they are so much smaller?

Here is my plan of shrimp stocking list:

1. Two cleaner shrimp

OR

2. One cleaner and one fire

OR

3. 3-4 Sexy and One cleaner or one fire

I've never had any sexy shrimp, but my fire shrimp, peppermints, and cleaners all get along. The fire shrimp are actually really shy and I rarely see him. He stays in the caves, the cleaner shrimp are definitely the most social. I have a cleaner shrimp in my 24 gallon along with hermits, nas snails, and a few astreas. No issues, the shrimp, hermits, and nas snails do steal feed from my LPS corals. However, I just toss them a few extra pieces of mysis and they generally leave the corals alone. Every once and a while I see them jump on my acans and micros and pull them food out of their mouths. Not a big deal though.

Archived