Cultivated Reef

-=New Tank Need Ideas=-

Diskusting

I've been out of the game for a while and I need to scratch an itch.

Here is my old tank:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=119819&hl=

Okay, so I'm going to be starting a 10g nano. I had one, the link might be in my sig not sure, but I took it down and got rid of everything including rock and equipment. I have a 29g with an overflow box and and 20 L already made into a sump/refugium but I don't want to buy that much liverock since I don't have the cash.

So I remember one thing from my last tank. Simple = Better. So I was just going to get a 10g tank, a heater, some kind of pump, and this lighting system.

http://fishneedit.com/t5ho-24quot-2-lamp-aquarium-l.html

So myquestions are...

1. What power of pump would give me a lot of circulation but not too much for a clown.

2. I am done with soft corals and lps's but I really like the way monticaps and unicorns look when they grow. would that lighting system support those?

3. does a clownfish need a something to rest in like an anemone? What else have they been known to inhabit besides anemones?

I'm going to have some macro in the tank it a soap dish. I was thinking about making the tank a lagoon type of tank and I remember there was a lagoon contest thread here a while ago but I don't remember where it is. Can someone link me? I want to check out some of them.

I probably wont make it a lagoon but here are my three ideas. I'd like to try Idea 2 but I don't know if that light will support it. Let me know.

ALL BARE BOTTOM --- NO SAND

Idea #1

-live rock

-black and white clown OR purple firefish

-skunk shrimp

Idea #2

-Live rock

-Black and white clown OR purple firefish

-Monti cap

-other hardi SPS

-that coral that looks like green neon grass... forget the name

then I was going to put maybe a lagoon style for Idea 3, but that wouldn't work BB. I think I'm going to go with idea 1 at least for now. strict budget.

Let me know on the questions and if you guys have any ideas I would love to hear them. I am positive I want to get that light though 55$ sounds good to me :) and I don't want to dea with the heat of halide and pc's

OH also,

What can you feed fish that doesn't add a lot of phosphates ... I remember that was always a problem with my tanks... I'd like at least one living thing in the tank besdies snails.. Ideally, a fish and a skunk shrimp to pick up the scraps. I'm starting to lean towards a purple firefish... not sure if a 10g is big enough for a black/white clown?

Trying to keep it around 100 for equipment ....

10G - 10$

heater - 20$

pump - 20$

light - 55$

Maybe a green carpet anemone and a black/white clown would be a cool setup for a 10g.

Archived