ReefCleaners.org

Rockfish...

Reef Chicks

Rockfish traded an RO/DI that according to him was "BRAND NEW, NEVER USED". When I get the filter in the mail it is old as sin! It is so old that water will not pass thru it! We exchaged pm's back and forth and first he tries to tell me my water pressure is not good enough. Then he says "forget about it and chuck it, what will a new one cost?". I said no, I wouldn't do that (I honestly felt bad for this douchebag) and that I would try to get it working somehow. After fiddling with it forever I finally took it into Air Water & Ice and they verified it was around 3 years old!!! The membrane was so used it was completely clogged. I had to replace most of the filters and ended up speding $60 to make it even produce water. He tells me he will reimburse me what I spent to make the filter work again.

In the meantime, all he tells me is that the AC 110 I sent him in trade is "making noise". Never, ever, did he mention the filter was cracked or the impeller gone bad. Of course he didn't! This was a filter I had just bought for $99 at Petsmart (I have the receipt). Supposedly it cracked in shipping. If so, then WHY didn't he EVER mention this until NOW, when I post feedback on him.

After almost 2 months of waiting around, it ends in that Rockfish a.k.a. NANO-LIAR, says we are "even". This after he publicly says he will either 1) send me back my filter or 2) pay me in two weeks (this was back on Ja. 3. Now, when I ask him to pay up three weeks later he says nope, we are even. WHAT A DOUCHEBAG!

BUYER/SELLER/TRADER BEWARE OF ROCKFISH! He is an A$$!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you're getting your damaged filter back that's now been repaired b/c you shipped it in the box it came in through the post office and didn't think to maybe box it in something else so it wouldn't get damaged

you in turn got a 125 gpd r/o d/i unit that needed a new membrane witch i'm letting you keep

i'd say we're even.....i will not respond to this thread anymore b/c it's not worth my time and effort again

i'm very sorry it worked out like this but maybe you'll do a little better in your shipping methods the next time

thank you

OK, we'll see when I get the filter what the damage YOU caused was, because trust me, if it was damaged in shipping you would have mentioned it. But in any event, maybe this transaction will help you'll do better in the future by providing an accurate description of your damaged goods, which, in this case, were clearly NOT BRAND NEW.

I'll await the filter in the mail, so we'll see....

Rules for posting about a Trader:

This forum was created to provide everyone with a bit of a database to find out if a trader was honest, shipped on time, etc.

This is not a forum for bashing for fighting. If you have been ripped off in a trade, simply post the facts to the situation and move on. Your post is a warning to others - not a call to fight.

This forum is also in place to provide praise to users who are fair in their trades, courteous, and helpful during the deal. If you've had a good trading experience, please give everyone a heads up! The more successful trades the better.

OK, we'll see when I get the filter what the damage YOU caused was, because trust me, if it was damaged in shipping you would have mentioned it. But in any event, maybe this transaction will help you'll do better in the future by providing an accurate description of your damaged goods, which, in this case, were clearly NOT BRAND NEW.

I'll await the filter in the mail, so we'll see....

ill do ya one better....and this is the last thing i will say to you b/c i'm not a bad guy and i don't like to make bad transactions with ANYONE

BUT.....if you accuse me of something else that isn't true like for instance me causing the damage to a filter THAT WAS SENT VIA USPS THAT WASN'T BOXED AT ALL EXCEPT IN THE BOX IT CAME IN. then you get nothing and you can write whatever you'd like about me AND you still get to keep the R/O unit that now works very well as you told me

keep it up

Rules for posting about a Trader:

This forum was created to provide everyone with a bit of a database to find out if a trader was honest, shipped on time, etc.

This is not a forum for bashing for fighting. If you have been ripped off in a trade, simply post the facts to the situation and move on. Your post is a warning to others - not a call to fight.

This forum is also in place to provide praise to users who are fair in their trades, courteous, and helpful during the deal. If you've had a good trading experience, please give everyone a heads up! The more successful trades the better.

thank you!!

Fine.... I'll state the facts since he now says he isn't sending out the filter either... lol at this guy! Yes, the trader shipped on time but he was NOT honest in his description of the item (i.e., he said it was "BRAND NEW" and it clearly wasn't). He also offered to pay for my expenses in getting the item into working conditions and after I spent the money, now refuses to pay up claiming the item I sent him was damaged in the mail, something he never, ever mentioned. So now, instead of being a man of his word, and paying me the money he said he would reimburse me, Rockfish says he is sending me back my cracked filter (which in no doubt HE cracked or WILL crack), and he'll "let me keep" his RO/DI.

So, all in all this was a HORRIBLE transaction and I would caution anyone to do trades with Rockfish. In my experience, he is a LIAR.

not at all lying.....but it's fine Aly.....you can still have your REPAIRED filter back. and your r/o is working quite well

don't see any issue with this but if you'd like to continue to bash me feel free

I have no reason to lie nor do I have any reason to make enemies....you were having issues with the pump and i didn't want to say anything about the filter.

needed the lid and the body fixed as well as a new impeller b/c it was shot

again, i'd say we're very much even but you don't see it that way so you will get your property back and i'm more than fine with letting you keep the r/o unit

again.....i think we're even and i'm sorry about all this

But he is the Officialy Unofficial Clam Guy of the N-R

lol indeed

I'm not bashing you Rock, just stating the facts. And I do think you provide an awesome service to clam owners. One thing has nothing to do with another.

I'm not bashing you Rock, just stating the facts. And I do think you provide an awesome service to clam owners. One thing has nothing to do with another.

agreed Aly.....not trying to be mean or make an enemy here and i promise you i'm not lying

you can have the filter back this week OR you can give me until next week to get some funds together. Just got an internship at the NY aquarium that doesn't pay yet so funds are a bit low

again i'm sorry if this is frustrating for you but I really do want to help

Sounds good. Either way works fine for me. Thanks for trying to resolve this.

no worries....like i said....i hate when things go sour for no reason right??

Yay :grouphug:

ur an ass but I like you anyway!!! lol

• 4 weeks later...

Well there you have it folks! Right here in black and white. Rockfish is not a man of his word. He says he will do one thing, here in a public forum then turns around and says another.

First it was "wait till next Tuesday when I get paid and I'll send you a check". Then it was "I'm sending out your money tomorrow". Then when I posted on here he said "you can have the filter back this week OR you can give me until next week to get some funds together. Just got an internship at the NY aquarium that doesn't pay yet so funds are a bit low". And now it's "I dont owe you anything".

So, in short: ROCKFISH <----- P.O.$.

Buyer/Seller/Trader BEWARE of ROCKFISH!!!

Well there you have it folks! Right here in black and white. Rockfish is not a man of his word. He says he will do one thing, here in a public forum then turns around and says another.

First it was "wait till next Tuesday when I get paid and I'll send you a check". Then it was "I'm sending out your money tomorrow". Then when I posted on here he said "you can have the filter back this week OR you can give me until next week to get some funds together. Just got an internship at the NY aquarium that doesn't pay yet so funds are a bit low". And now it's "I dont owe you anything".

So, in short: ROCKFISH <----- P.O.$.

Buyer/Seller/Trader BEWARE of ROCKFISH!!!

hmmmm sounds interesting.....should i bring up the fact that you gave me a broken filter??

nope.....i don't care

sorry about your frustration but i think that R/O 's working just fine!!

my filter leaked and has a pound of silicone at the bottom

we're even!! let it go!!

NOT EVEN... not even close to even! I had to shell out $60 to fix your BRAND NEW, NEVER USED filter. Not to mention almost a week of running around to figure out what was wrong with it. But, you're right, I'll let it go because in the end, you'll get yours... kharma brother, kharma... it'll come right around and bite you in your CLAM. LMAOAY... still.

Archived