SaltCritters.com

Rock anemone

icsd71

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He wants full sun. In the above pic there's a shady spot right on top of him. No wonder he moved. In the wild they live in the shallows fully exposed.

Depending on the species, these anemones do get quite big, I've been one that is a good 8" in diameter. I have three in tank and it's weird, but feeding doesn't correlates to growth for me. The green is growing the fastest, but I only feed the red in hoping to get it a little larger.

4226217373_37aea06372.jpg

hahaximmaxfish
Depending on the species, these anemones do get quite big, I've been one that is a good 8" in diameter. I have three in tank and it's weird, but feeding doesn't correlates to growth for me. The green is growing the fastest, but I only feed the red in hoping to get it a little larger.

4226217373_37aea06372.jpg

I was thinking about getting one for a 25g cube. I dont think I will.

I've got one in a 20L and it's only about 3" in diameter. I feed it, but it isn't growing fast.

Where in the world did you get such colors in a rock anemone!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice 'nem. I'm glad it's doing well.

I did notice that you have been dosing iodine. I just wanted to urge you to use caution when dosing anything in your tank. Seems many sources advise aquarists to dose iodine. The hard part is that it's difficult to tell just how much iodine/iodide is in a system.

Anyways, you should consider reading up on the topic a little bit sometime and then make a decision on whether you think it's a good move or not. There could be plenty of iodine in your tank already.

Good luck.

My rock anenome is doing well. When I got him he was bleached. Pure white. I have been feeding him regulary and giving him iodine and he is getting his color back. Looks awesome and healthy! He is my favorite part of the tank so far!

I think this might have given it away.

Since I have gotten an anenome shrimp my Rock nem has calmed way down. He is more relaxed. Strange but it is true. I cannot beleive how much of a diffrence this has made.

Archived