Coral Vue Hydros

Pico Contest

hlander

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6
So excited!!!! :happydance: i wanna go back home and start!!! dont tell my gf!!!! :lol: she think i love my fishes more then her XD

lolololololololololololololololololololololololololol :P

I'm interested but I don't feel like the rules were spelled out well enough. Posting receipts is a PITA.. people know what stuff is worth on here and I'd just say let the honor system work and if there is a question about something then make them PM you the receipt.

Look how expansive some of the rules we had for the last officially unofficial contest and you'll see what I mean about rules missing.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=169768

7 so far. I think weetabix and kmitch were also interested.

I'm interested, but I gotta figure out how to do it since I already have LR and LS in the tank.

I might be able to put the LR that is already in there into my 30g that I just restarted.

I have some Dry Rock sitting in the basement, might be able to use that.

I'm thinking....

Oh, also, in a previous contest, the price for used equipment was calculated at 75% of the price listed at either Marine Depot or Drs Foster & Smith.

Don't know if that would work for you guys, but thought I'd throw it out there as a possibility.

i think the 75% thing is a good idea for used equipment my only recommendation is that if we have to include the price of new bulbs(since most dont trust bulbs bought in a used light) it will end up costing more if you look at it from a purely budget standpoint of this contest. like for example a 20" nove extreme pro costs $231.99 brand new from drs. foster smith, now the cheapest replacement bulbs on their site are $11.99 each. now 75% of 231.99 is is 173.99 now you add 6 x 11.99 for new bulbs and the bulbs alone are 71.94. ok add up the 173.99 + 71.94 = 245.93 which is ~$14 more. which going by the budget you would be better off buying a brand new light fixture or saying you bought it brand new(if you wanted to be dishonest).

I'm interested, but I gotta figure out how to do it since I already have LR and LS in the tank.

I might be able to put the LR that is already in there into my 30g that I just restarted.

I have some Dry Rock sitting in the basement, might be able to use that.

I'm thinking....

Oh, also, in a previous contest, the price for used equipment was calculated at 75% of the price listed at either Marine Depot or Drs Foster & Smith.

Don't know if that would work for you guys, but thought I'd throw it out there as a possibility.

Thanks!

animalmaster6
I'm in.

pico2.jpg

oups wrong pic

pico1.jpg

:D

Not sure how to price it...won it in a raffle ( a free raffle lol)

:happydance: YAY!

What size tank is that?

Its a 4 gallon. I checked yesterday with a measuring bowl. 4 gallons takes the level to within an inch of the top.

I've never won a raffle before..got this tank (it's glass), plus heater, plus small HOB filter from a "customer appreciation" day at my LFS last summer...oh and everything you need inside....gravel, ornaments and fish.. but they were freshies and I'm a saltie so I didn't take them. Just been waiting for the right inspiration to get it going - I think this is it :D .

animalmaster6
Its a 4 gallon. I checked yesterday with a measuring bowl. 4 gallons takes the level to within an inch of the top.

I've never won a raffle before..got this tank (it's glass), plus heater, plus small HOB filter from a "customer appreciation" day at my LFS last summer...oh and everything you need inside....gravel, ornaments and fish.. but they were freshies and I'm a saltie so I didn't take them. Just been waiting for the right inspiration to get it going - I think this is it :D .

I can't wait for this contest to start!

lol What are you going to do with the goldfish?

-_-

Just kidding! I'm going to return him. He was only $0.13

ok so do we have to wait till a certain day to start our individual threads for our submissions or can we go ahead and start them now.

also if we are going to be doing mods to the tank can we get started modding what we want to mod or do we have to wait till the 25th to start building anything for the tank because i will be getting the first of my equipment early next week and would to like start designing how im going to put it in the tank.

Archived