Pico Contest

hlander

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6
wow that is one heck of a light you bought yourself

I know!

I haven't bought it yet but I am getting it soon...

im using a 5g eclipse hex tank

taking the pic and starting my thread right after i send this message

:happydance:

smile.jpg

Pix are what makes things awwesome!

also is there anythign special we need to use as a guideline for the name of the thread like "Names Pico Contest Thread" then in the statement under the name the tank size and style( with a "-" then a short update of the latest progress, like mine would be Eclipse 5g hex - original pic(then after the 25th a pic of the tank full then reading - tank full)

animalmaster6
Count me in will post pic when I decide what size tank I want to use. I have a 5 gallon but not sure if it's my final choice.

:happydance:

also is there anythign special we need to use as a guideline for the name of the thread like "Names Pico Contest Thread" then in the statement under the name the tank size and style( with a "-" then a short update of the latest progress, like mine would be Eclipse 5g hex - original pic(then after the 25th a pic of the tank full then reading - tank full)

confused. Hlander can help you on this one lol

OKay...just so I don't get DQ'd before the comp starts...we can add freshwater...how about a heater? Can we get the freshwater up to temp ready to add salt?

Ok so tank and equipment don't count except for $350 for lighting? thats alot of lighting!

My real question is I am currently building and AIO once the store opens after the holidays and I can buy the acrylic. Here is my question My tank is going to be between 3.85 and 4.25 gallons.. the back is going to be .75- 1.0 gallons, does the sump part count as the tank...if not I am fine otherwise I may be close depending on my final build specifications

animalmaster6
No the tank must be under 5 gallons

The actual tank is uder 5G the sump makes it larger though. We should say sumps and fuges don't count in the water volume.

The actual tank is uder 5G the sump makes it larger though. We should say sumps and fuges don't count in the water volume.

Wait.. then someone could have a 125 gal fuge..... that'd make for a nice stable tank. ???

No dumps or fuges besides in the filter or back chamber

i had to read that like 3 times before i noticed the word "in" between "besides" and "the" i was like wait what i cant mod an AC into a fuge lol.

also might be a good move to edit the original post to include that guideline

Is anbody using a tank under 1G?

i believe my display are is about that size maybe less but if u include the back chambers it is actually closer to 2.75. :) ill post a pic in a bit.

animalmaster6
i had to read that like 3 times before i noticed the word "in" between "besides" and "the" i was like wait what i cant mod an AC into a fuge lol.

also might be a good move to edit the original post to include that guideline

I definetly agree!

here is my tank it does not look nearly as good now and thats why i am gonna start over but i was wondering if u guys like the scape?

DSCN0847.jpg

Also quick question can i experiment some scapes with dry rock and no water in the tank?

Archived