Innovative Marine Aquariums

Pico Contest

hlander

You can start the modding now you just cant put anything live including water into the tank until Jan. 25th. Yes you can start your thread now.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6
ok so do we have to wait till a certain day to start our individual threads for our submissions or can we go ahead and start them now.

also if we are going to be doing mods to the tank can we get started modding what we want to mod or do we have to wait till the 25th to start building anything for the tank because i will be getting the first of my equipment early next week and would to like start designing how im going to put it in the tank.

zYou can start gathering and putting tiogether equipment just nit livestock until the 25th of January.

You can start the modding now you just cant put anything live including water into the tank until Jan. 25th. Yes you can start your thread now.

lol srry. I didn't see you posted.

Quick Q: Does liverock and Livesand count as livestock. Yes right?

zYou can start gathering and putting tiogether equipment just nit livestock until the 25th of January.

lol srry. I didn't see you posted.

Quick Q: Does liverock and Livesand count as livestock. Yes right?

Yes. Nothing live until Jan. 25 including water. You can order equipment and everyhitng until then though

Jamie, are you going to enter? I think it would be cool to see a coldwater mixed in :)

animalmaster6
Yes. Nothing live until Jan. 25 including water. You can order equipment and everyhitng until then though

ok thanks. Just wondering for when the wave of questions come attacking us. lol

ok one last question i swear lol. are we allowed to fill with freshwater to test things like pumps n filters out to make sure we have the heights of everything just right? or does that hav to wait till the 25th also? again sorry for all the questions im just excited and cant wait to get started lol

ok one last question i swear lol. are we allowed to fill with freshwater to test things like pumps n filters out to make sure we have the heights of everything just right? or does that hav to wait till the 25th also? again sorry for all the questions im just excited and cant wait to get started lol

Go ahead! THats ok! better to be informed than not informed ;)

animalmaster6

All questions are welcomed! We don't want to have to DQ anybody so please ask!

You can fill it up sure. Just not with saltwater

Go ahead! THats ok! better to be informed than not informed ;)

lol sorry again. Didn't see the post...

ok cool because some of my equipment im modding i wanna see how well its gonna work with water in the tank while i still have a chance to change my mind and go with another design because i want to encorporate a few of the neat little DIY mods that ive seen people do on large tanks that ive never seen done in nano or pico tanks.

animalmaster6
ok cool because some of my equipment im modding i wanna see how well its gonna work with water in the tank while i still have a chance to change my mind and go with another design because i want to encorporate a few of the neat little DIY mods that ive seen people do on large tanks that ive never seen done in nano or pico tanks.

That would be really bad when the 25th came and your equipment wouldn't work.

yea i know thats why i asked so i could make sure it was gonna work while i still had time to change my design and not to have to come up with something on the fly because im not good at that lol

animalmaster6
yea i know thats why i asked so i could make sure it was gonna work while i still had time to change my design and not to have to come up with something on the fly because im not good at that lol

lol I can't do anything with equipment. I just know my livestock.

yea the live stock is the easy part of this hobby lol. its the planning of equipment that is harder but i am quite creative when i have time to plan so be prepared to see somethings that might make you go hmmmmm lol

animalmaster6
yea the live stock is the easy part of this hobby lol. its the planning of equipment that is harder but i am quite creative when i have time to plan so be prepared to see somethings that might make you go hmmmmm lol

I can do anything with livestock. I thought iof a way to keep fish that only eat pods alive... It's my own little invention...

i know this is off topic but i think that little invention of yours would make a great DIY thread so other people can benefit from your experimenting that is unless you have already made one.

and no prize is no biggie to me id be happy enough to win a special signature made up or somthing easy like that or just a title lol

i know this is off topic but i think that little invention of yours would make a great DIY thread so other people can benefit from your experimenting that is unless you have already made one.

+1!

animalmaster6

It probably would be good but the problem is I think it would only work in small nanos and I'm not completely sure it works yet because I've never tried it. Maybe someday I will get a chance...

well your looking at a site full of people with small nanos lol.

n give it a shot maybe you could try it out on your submission for this here contest lol

animalmaster6
well your looking at a site full of people with small nanos lol.

n give it a shot maybe you could try it out on your submission for this here contest lol

I'm not joining the contest. This is why:

I'm broke and have no money whatsoevr. lol I have spent it all on the 125G tank that's coming along. I got the actual tank for free and I've still managed to spend over 2,000 dollars on 2 things. JUST 2 things. I'm getting a real nicwe stand and EXTREMELY nice lighting.

Here is my lighting. Go to the choice at the very bottom. You can see how expensive it is. It's 400 watts MH and T5 Actinics plus Lunar Actincis

http://www.vividaquariums.com/10Expand.asp...Code=05-6304-01

I'm not joining the contest. This is why:

I'm broke and have no money whatsoevr. lol I have spent it all on the 125G tank that's coming along. I got the actual tank for free and I've still managed to spend over 2,000 dollars on 2 things. JUST 2 things. I'm getting a real nicwe stand and EXTREMELY nice lighting.

Here is my lighting. Go to the choice at the very bottom. You can see how expensive it is. It's 400 watts MH and T5 Actinics plus Lunar Actincis

http://www.vividaquariums.com/10Expand.asp...Code=05-6304-01

wow that is one heck of a light you bought yourself

Archived