SaltCritters.com

Pico Contest

hlander

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I thought this was a contest. You know people put together a set of rules and then you follow them or you're disqualified. You know the same rules for everyone. Folks have been disqualified and then allowed to resume, folks have not posted FTS and then allowed to join back in, someones tank crashed and was allowed to start over but some people who wanted to join the contest a week late were told no. I guess I'm just kind of confused. I make time to be part of this contest; no exceptions because when you agree to play by the rules that's what you do. Nothing personal count me out. Good luck to the remaining three.

So when the star quarter back of XYZ football team is injured during a play in the super bowl and the team subsequently loses because they have to use their less qualified substitute; they wait until the player is healed and play the super bowl again because "it’s not their fault their star player was injured". No; they lost, their done, and they can try again next year.

Truth be told I have no problems that you let Reefdreams start over. After all, having a contest with three people when its only 2.5 months in isn't really that much fun anyway. But this is something that has been building since the beginning. I guess my point is there’s no reason to have a contest if there are no rules. Because winning really doesn't amount to anything in those circumstances. There's no reason to take time away from my family and other responsibilities to be a part of this when others can skip deadlines and do it at their leisure.

Again no hard feelings, this contest just isn't for me. Good luck to all and best wishes.

sorry for causing all the "ruckus" guys and gals.....

I really don't think it was personal against you. We all want to see your tank up and running again. After jae4571 said he turned his pico into a qt, I went looking to find out why. Honestly, he is the only one in the contest who made every deadline. If you follow everyone's build, the language of the contest mod's changes dramatically - it goes from threats to "oh that's okay, you're still in". Please don't take me wrong - I have 6 children, work 40+ hours a week, and "coach" a u6 soccer team - I know all about time contraints, travel, and emergencies. The contest just has too much "gray" and not enough "black and white" rules for some (me included) . Again, it's not you, continue with your build and good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to ask, why are FTS's being asked for? This contest is done and gone. ALL contestents have been DQ'ed. FTS was due LAST week and not this week. The last FTS was due on Easter and that was 3 weeks ago.

186.jpg

can you see the acans, zoas, and pretty fishes swimming around? Well, the it is all ready..cycle starts tomorrow

I have to ask, why are FTS's being asked for? This contest is done and gone. ALL contestents have been DQ'ed. FTS was due LAST week and not this week. The last FTS was due on Easter and that was 3 weeks ago.

I guess I was wondering about this same thing this past Monday as nobody was posting FTS shots even though they were due last weekend.

Either way there is only 2 maybe 3 contestants if you stretch it. Nork and BulldogPet is already in the other contest. If ReefDreamsz wants to join the other contest all he has to do is post an appropriate pic.

Lets merge the contestants into the the other contest. PM me Animalmaster so we can discuss this.

animalmaster6
Lets merge the contestants into the the other contest. PM me Animalmaster so we can discuss this.

I need to talk with hlander.

A big thank you to the three contestants still in the contest. c_k_kuehne and I have decided to merge contests.

I think this is a win win for everyone involved. I will PM Reefdreamz to make sure he gets on board. :)

Archived