SaltCritters.com

Just some misc. pictures of my stuff

Drysocket

Here's my new Galaxia. It's only about an inch in diameter. I think that's like 2 and a half centimeters for all you englishmens and englishwomens. :D

nice pics. what tank size? and can you take a full frontal pic of the tank...i might consider buying some zoanthids too. adding it to the list of corals for the 29 gal.

The tank is an Eclipse 12 System. I don't have any updated full frontal pics and it's kinda late tonight. I'll see if I have time to do that after work tommorrow.

I really like the zoos. I've had them for about 2 months now and they've already grown onto the rock next to them. I'm trying to get them to attach to the rock with the little xenia, too. They're just sitting on it right now. They're a pretty cool coral to have.

I'm happy with it overall. It kinda sucks having to take the entire lid off every time I need to do something in the tank, but it does eliminate evaporation. So as long as I leave the little lid door closed, I don't have to top-off. My other complaint (i'm sure you've heard this) is that the acrylic scratches super easily. You have to be really careful when putting in and adjusting rocks. Like I said, though, I really like the way it looks and I'm happy with it overall.

I have the 32 watt Supernova lights and a cheap 50 watt heater. I run the filter that came with the tank with the carbon taken out of the filter pad. It creates more circulation than my powerhead. I also took the biowheel out. I have a Hagen 102(?) powerhead which I keep on the lowest setting. It seems to be a pretty good setup.

Nice pics! I have the exact same setup, and I would have to say that I like it. I really havent had that much trouble with scratching. As long as you make abso-positively-sure not to touch the rocks to the glass.

I would say to get the eclipse if you want something that you are just going to have corals in and want to leave alone for long periods with little maintenence. And if you want a tank that oveall looks nice. It sucks to take the lid off all the time, and you are limited in customizing options.

If you want a tank that you can constantly tinker with and customize, I would get a basic glass aquarium and go from there.

Korbin you lucky devil.

Wish I could have it :P

Hey nice pics Drysocket.

Those Zooanthid I also have, they are pretty arent they?

Archived