Top Shelf Aquatics

Is This Zoa Pox?

FiRsT-aNd-LaSt

FiRsT-aNd-LaSt

When it rains it pours, Okay so last night I noticed that I might have zoa eating nudi's and now am pretty certain I do, but to make things worst I noticed this colony might have zoa pox so I need some confirmation, this is the very colony that i believe may have had the nudi's, when I received it I iodine dipped it as I do with all my new additions but I thinking I might have let some eggs slip past me. Anyhow I already gave them a furan-2 treatment to try and stop it before it gets any worst.

IMG_3868S.jpg

It does look like it to me. But mine had some very similar to the zoas closest to the picture and were perfectly fine. I would do furan 2 several more times if you can.

How much flow are they in?

skimlessinseattle

Yep, that is zoa pox. You are on the right track with the furan-2 treatment, so keep that up. I had a bad case of the pox about 6 months ago, but successfully knocked it out with the furan-2. I treated for 4 days, 20 minute dip each day. I had to treat every one of my zoa colonies, but my palys were not affected. Everyone survived and came back better than before.

FiRsT-aNd-LaSt

Thanks guys, yeah so far I've given them a 20 min dip today and will continue, what's weird is they don't seemed bothered by the pox, there open and happy as ever, even after the dip there back to normal and open once again, in any case I'll stick with the treatment, I'm also thinking of raising my tank temp to 79.5, it normally sits exactly at 78.0 being controlled by my RKL. what do you think?

Nemo Niblets my flow is a mp20 that I normally have a 75% but had recently turned down because of I acquired some berghia that needed lower flow, do you think there's a possibility that this was the cause of the pox?

Nemo Niblets my flow is a mp20 that I normally have a 75% but had recently turned down because of I acquired some berghia that needed lower flow, do you think there's a possibility that this was the cause of the pox?

There isn't too much known about zoa pox, but it often takes over when zoas get stressed. How drastic was the flow change? And were they happy before?

FiRsT-aNd-LaSt
There isn't too much known about zoa pox, but it often takes over when zoas get stressed. How drastic was the flow change? And were they happy before?

They seemed perfectly, I did have to pick some algae of of them which may have bothered them, I didn't think it cause pox but maybe, the flow change I can't say for sure as in gph, but I say I dropped it to maybe to 50%.

• Christopher Marks changed the title to Is This Zoa Pox?

Archived