inTank Media Baskets

Anemone update Plus AIO autotop off *Update* pics

northstar1357

northstar1357
Make sure there is lots of circulaion in that quart or the majano might die. I would punch many holes in it.

Thanks for the advice. holes are currently being punched

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the advice. holes are currently being punched

I had a pistol shrimp in a cup with some holes punched in it for a while. The cup had holes punched in it for a while, but it managed to get out fortunately. The top was open, but when I took it out it smelled absolutely horrible.

And I say don't sell it yet, feed it and let it multiply. They will grow like weeds.

northstar1357
I had a pistol shrimp in a cup with some holes punched in it for a while. The cup had holes punched in it for a while, but it managed to get out fortunately. The top was open, but when I took it out it smelled absolutely horrible.

And I say don't sell it yet, feed it and let it multiply. They will grow like weeds.

I dont want it to kill any of my other corals. i fed it brine shrimp when ppl time me it was a nem. it didn't seem to eat any or maybe some. hard to tell. my tank is filled with nutrients from feeding my GBTA. i feed it scallops and it polluted my water LOLZ. i have cut back on feeding since algae break out.

I dont want it to kill any of my other corals. i fed it brine shrimp when ppl time me it was a nem. it didn't seem to eat any or maybe some. hard to tell. my tank is filled with nutrients from feeding my GBTA. i feed it scallops and it polluted my water LOLZ. i have cut back on feeding since algae break out.

How did that pollute your water? Did you let it get all over the place?

I feed my nems silversides, one 1/4-1/2-3/4 inch piece and its gone in seconds (depending on which nem im feeding size varies).

And it doesnt pollute my water. Are you shooting stuff at them with a turkey baster or something?

northstar1357
How did that pollute your water? Did you let it get all over the place?

I feed my nems silversides, one 1/4-1/2-3/4 inch piece and its gone in seconds (depending on which nem im feeding size varies).

And it doesnt pollute my water. Are you shooting stuff at them with a turkey baster or something?

I believe scallops are really high in protein. Super high because my Skimmer is telling me with the supar skimate

I believe scallops are really high in protein. Super high because my Skimmer is telling me with the supar skimate

Its gotta be getting into your water column then if its poluting your water. With the silversides (most recommended food for anemone btw) its taken in as one piece, fully digested, and released as very little waste.

Just trying to help you out.

northstar1357
Its gotta be getting into your water column then if its poluting your water. With the silversides (most recommended food for anemone btw) its taken in as one piece, fully digested, and released as very little waste.

Just trying to help you out.

agreed, my tank is only a 12g NC

• 4 weeks later...
northstar1357

26 days, Hmmm .... the pink anemone has grown... Double the size now and its no longer pink anymore.

ITS RED! it hasnt walk a inch since 26 days ago but i feed it once a week when i feed my GBTA. I will take a picture when i find my camera

northstar1357
To me that looks like an rbta, do you have a pic of what it currently looks like?

I foud my camera but right now its 8pm and all the lights in my aquarium are off.

Picture tomorrow :D

northstar1357
Don't sell it! :)

i wish it would just clone it self so i can have 2 already. It is not a pest and its not harmful at all. I actually like it better than my anemone

carbon-mantis

I remember someone a year or two ago selling these, or ones that looked similar, on ebay for about $12 each plus shipping.

I think he called them "Tulip Majanos" or something like that.

northstar1357

I think mines special. I got it for free!Plus it loves my dirty tank water :D

I really want to believe that mine is a RBTA.

Organism, i saw ur thread about wanting a Majano and saw ur pictures and all other pictures online on Majano and none of them look anything like mine.

Majano looks like piece of ugly green anemone to me with pink tip. but mine is red all over. :huh:

northstar1357

Pictures!

Photobucket is down for some weird reason so i'll fix them afternoon. I just turned my lights on so corals are starting to open. Majano is not fully opened yet but anyways here it goes

The RBTA/Majano doesnt look red right now because i have my curtains open and a lot of sunlight is coming to my condo.

Also can someone help me. My clownfish is breathing hard whenever he goes into the anemone. and he jerks around when the tenticle touches him. He was sick before but i fully cured the tank and the fish. also a lot of black dots on his body. i know the black spots are from stungs from the anemone but why breathing so hard?

post-39011-1264602910_thumb.jpg

post-39011-1264603092_thumb.jpg

Please don't start selling this pest. We banned certain caluerpa in California because it was a pest. No need to start selling this and spreading a new type of majano. Keep it for yourself or throw it away.

northstar1357
Please don't start selling this pest. We banned certain caluerpa in California because it was a pest. No need to start selling this and spreading a new type of majano. Keep it for yourself or throw it away.

Dont be hating my nem. I bet u WONT find any Majano to look like this

DSCN7553.jpg

So... still hating?

I dont think its a majano anymore, look at the sparkling dots on the tenticles. Organism is right... i hope.

Another question do Majano sparkle like RBTA uder halide? Look the the bubble and the sparkles! its amazing. The picture dont do justice for my nem. :angry:

DSCN7544.jpg

northstar1357

almost one month i think so not sure forgot. but it grew, that i am certain. probably double it size. i feed it once a week whenever i feed my GBTA.

That's an RBTA for sure, nice find!

Nick1912, is your first tank the 19 day old one or have you had others? My guess is that it's your first one, and maybe you should refrain from cracking eggs of wisdom on us until you know what you're talking about :)

northstar1357

Nick1912, is your first tank the 19 day old one or have you had others? My guess is that it's your first one, and maybe you should refrain from cracking eggs of wisdom on us until you know what you're talking about :)

Lol, i was hoping that someone would say that, anyways, knowings that its a RBTA, the $value of this invert maybe 10X before now LOLZ (not selling it anymore) lets see if my clownfish will host this one too

handovermouth2.gif

Lol, i was hosomeone would say that, anyways, knowings that its a RBTA, the $value of this invert maybe 10X before now LOLZ (not selling it anymore) lets see if my clownfish will host this one too

Actually I would've paid well over RBTA prices for a neon pink majano. Heck, I'd have shipped you two RBTA's for one of those :o

Archived