Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brandonscopes

Clownfish won't go in anemone

I just recently bought two black and white ocellaris clownfish. They won't go into my rose bubble tip anemone. Is there anything that can get them in there. I have already try putting food in the anemone to try to get them in their. I also tried to put pictures on the glass. Nothing worked! Any other suggestions?

Edited by brandonscopes

i am pretty sure sometimes clownfish just wont host an anemone, im not sure though

lol maybe cuz the ocelleris natural host is the carpet anemone? and the RBT natural host is the maroon clownfish?

theres a chance that it will host something. no guarantees

chain him to it with fishing line.

just wait it out

mine took 2-3 months to start to reside

They will either reside in the anemone or not

I prefer to grab them with my hands and force them into the nem.

just be glad they don't alternate between hosting your mag float and the top left corner of the the tank like mine did for almost 2 years. It just started to host the candy cane coral of all things.

Rubbing it in his face?

Edited by nemmy

just be glad they don't alternate between hosting your mag float and the top left corner of the the tank like mine did for almost 2 years. It just started to host the candy cane coral of all things.

Mine host my Koralia 1.

Super glue or epoxy might work...

Rubbing it in his face?

nah, just showing that some ocellaris will host a bta. Mine did pretty quckly, but the orange one had been in a tank with btas at the LFS. I think that may make a difference. For others it may take time, I think they have to experience the feel of the anemone accidentally and realize they like it.

theres never any guarantee that clowns will host a nem....some will go in right away...some take years.

besides did you buy tank bred clowns? if you did then they dont know what an anenome is and most will just be afraid or not use it. if they arent tank bred and have had an anenome b4 then they should go in it but guess not for u.

besides did you buy tank bred clowns? if you did then they dont know what an anenome is and most will just be afraid or not use it. if they arent tank bred and have had an anenome b4 then they should go in it but guess not for u.

Tank bred clowns will host anemones on occasion. I had a pair that took to an anemone pretty quickly. Other tank bred clowns won't host anything at all, it all depends on the fish.

My clowns are tank bred and from separate stores and both hosted almost immediately. I think its just a crap shoot.

Just be glad they aren't hosting in one of your Corals. This is my Percula doing her usual stuff and annoying the hell out of the soft coral :(

post-4880-1262543880_thumb.jpg

My Picasso clowns started hosting my RBTA 4 hours after I taped an instructional picture to the glass :)

No BS, i just found a pic of a clown hosting an RBTA and used it...

i am pretty sure sometimes clownfish just wont host an anemone, im not sure though

great post!

Well I think there is some truth to all the posts about forcing them in. It seriously works magic. I had a small breeding chamber laying around you can pick one up for a few dollars then just put them both in there for a day or two along with the pictures taped to the glass. It has worked twice for me.