SaltCritters.com

Acropora1981's 28g Box of Underwater Awesome

acropora1981

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
acropora1981

Thanks guys! Appreciate the praise... in the last 48 hours I have purchased(for a grand total of $40!!!)

1. Flaming Sun Zoa's

2. Fruit Loops Deep water Zoa's

3. Palythoa grandis, purplish

4. Blue micro anthelia

5. Red bubble tip (quarter sized!), E. quadricolor

Sooooo sweet...and thats nonsense about the space issues... I mounted the montipora to a magnet and now it lives on the back of the aquarium, it looks SICK! Plus the Banggaii's have adopted it as their overhang, so now they don't cower under the rocks at the back! I'll shot a few pics on Sunday and then we'll see whats what. Plus I'm likely getting 6 more acropora's to take the spot of the montipora on Monday AND a used Deltec MCE300 to replace my POS BakPak.

I never liked boxes for some reason, always into long tanks... but seeing yours makes me wanna get one! lol. I will thank you for the added expenses later on. :P

acropora1981
I never liked boxes for some reason, always into long tanks... but seeing yours makes me wanna get one! lol. I will thank you for the added expenses later on. :P

haha well im glad i could inspire!

Thanks guys! Appreciate the praise... in the last 48 hours I have purchased(for a grand total of $40!!!)

1. Flaming Sun Zoa's

2. Fruit Loops Deep water Zoa's

3. Palythoa grandis, purplish

4. Blue micro anthelia

5. Red bubble tip (quarter sized!), E. quadricolor

Sooooo sweet...and thats nonsense about the space issues... I mounted the montipora to a magnet and now it lives on the back of the aquarium, it looks SICK! Plus the Banggaii's have adopted it as their overhang, so now they don't cower under the rocks at the back! I'll shot a few pics on Sunday and then we'll see whats what. Plus I'm likely getting 6 more acropora's to take the spot of the montipora on Monday AND a used Deltec MCE300 to replace my POS BakPak.

Very nice tank! You are practically stealing those corals for $40 !! :bling:

And good call on the MCE300. I'm running the 600 in my Hex and it's a beast.

acropora1981
Very nice tank! You are practically stealing those corals for $40 !! :bling:

And good call on the MCE300. I'm running the 600 in my Hex and it's a beast.

Yeah you like it eh? I hope I like it, I've never had a Deltec. It will also be a steal at $150 Canadian!!!

Yeah the real deal from the above was the freakin' rose bubble...$10!!!! My buddy GAVE me the fruti loops and the blue cloves. The Grandis cost me $15 and so did the Flaming Sunrise.

acropora1981

OK so I've been looking for some colorful acro's to fill out the background of the tank, and so I just paid for:

tricolor(white polyps), Thin branching neon green, Acropora tenuis(blue), True Tricolor Acro, Thick Branching Acro green, Acro dark green base bright purple tips and black polyps.

These are pics from the mother colonies; I'm picking them up next week from a local reefer! $65 all in.

post-46829-1267838322_thumb.jpg

acropora1981

Took a few shots of the corals I got mid-week:

aaand...also i mounted that nice red montipora on a magnet, and now it lives on the back of the tank :D

post-46829-1267851043_thumb.jpg

post-46829-1267851058_thumb.jpg

post-46829-1267851068_thumb.jpg

post-46829-1267851146_thumb.jpg

post-46829-1267851243_thumb.jpg

acropora1981

Deltec MCE300 to arrive on Monday. I hope it works well... There are a tonne of completely contradictory reviews of it online. Makes me nervous. Oh well... Its such a good price I think if I decided to sell, I would make $50 on it lol!

acropora1981
that's one crappy looking tank dude!!! LOL J/J!!!

sweet setup dude!!

i'm impressed!! :D

thanks rock-o :)

That tank tear you were speaking of, that wasn't Dave was it ? Big ol 300G in wall ?

Nice FTS, those PD's look really happy under that light...

OK so I've been looking for some colorful acro's to fill out the background of the tank, and so I just paid for:

tricolor(white polyps), Thin branching neon green, Acropora tenuis(blue), True Tricolor Acro, Thick Branching Acro green, Acro dark green base bright purple tips and black polyps.

These are pics from the mother colonies; I'm picking them up next week from a local reefer! $65 all in.

Sweet.. Looks like you are buying some frags from Reef 2 Reef also... I am waiting for mine to come in.. he just has to get more heat pads in.. I am hoping to get it friday or next wednesday.. from the review he got earlier today I guess his packaging is really good.. so keep us updated... I am excited..

Are you?

acropora1981
That tank tear you were speaking of, that wasn't Dave was it ? Big ol 300G in wall ?

Nice FTS, those PD's look really happy under that light...

No I think his name was Dennis? 180G room divider.

Sweet.. Looks like you are buying some frags from Reef 2 Reef also... I am waiting for mine to come in.. he just has to get more heat pads in.. I am hoping to get it friday or next wednesday.. from the review he got earlier today I guess his packaging is really good.. so keep us updated... I am excited..

Are you?

ummm...not that I know of? The frags are from a dude in Guelph(not FragALot). I think his name is Jordan? I'm going to pickup in person. Where is Reef2Reef located?

I am excited though...

acropora1981

The Deltec MCE300 has arrived :D

Weird because Canada Post is never early... oh well! Looks like its in good shape. Its used. And it does seem to be missing one minor part (a little plastic screw) but I think I can probably get a generic replacement.

ummm...not that I know of? The frags are from a dude in Guelph(not FragALot). I think his name is Jordan? I'm going to pickup in person. Where is Reef2Reef located?

I am excited though...

<

Yes, it would be Jordan then... those are his same pics you listed on smaller version.. I am getting some from him too. He is shipping to me on Monday now since he needed to get more heat packs in..

He is on Canreef.com at Reef to Reef. I wasn`t sure if you were on there too. I am sooo excited about getting some frags from him. I have heard nothing but good things about him from other people.

acropora1981
<

Yes, it would be Jordan then... those are his same pics you listed on smaller version.. I am getting some from him too. He is shipping to me on Monday now since he needed to get more heat packs in..

He is on Canreef.com at Reef to Reef. I wasn`t sure if you were on there too. I am sooo excited about getting some frags from him. I have heard nothing but good things about him from other people.

ahhh ok... ive been using aquariumpros.ca so thats why I was like 'huh?'

acropora1981

its ALIVE!!! (The Deltec MCE300 is I mean).

This thing is DEAD silent in comparison to my BakPak! My living room is...habitable again! Awesome skimmer.

I may need to rebuild a portion of the intake stem in order to get it to fit the back chamber of my 28g Nanocube...shouldn't be difficult though.

post-46829-1268455571_thumb.jpg

Archived