inTank Media Baskets

Acropora1981's 28g Box of Underwater Awesome

acropora1981

Current FTS: May 19/2012

fulltankjune13.jpg

ORIGINAL CONTENT:

Alright, so this is my...umpteenth reef tank. I've done 'it all' and this is what I have right now. It looks like garbage, but what the heck; the corals are healthy. It needs some aquascaping, and probably a Vortech MP10. But here we goes...

Lighting: Coralife 150W Clamplamp w/20k Coralife Bulb

Circulation: Big powerhead.

Temperature Control: Oldskool Dual Stage Temperature controller by Medusa; connected to fan and heater.

Auto Top Off Via 5 gallon resevoir.

Additives: CaCl2, KH Buffer. End.

Oh, and I set it up like...10 days ago. With mature liverock from a friend, and water from his tank. Easy Peasy 1-2-threezy.

And now for the visuals. Be warned, this tank blows, and these pictures are washed out. Enjoy!

Whole tank

HPIM2114.jpg?t=1261870256

Green Palau Nepthea and Anthelia

HPIM2118.jpg?t=1261870290

Purple Cespitularia

HPIM2128.jpg?t=1261870323

Ricordea and Purple Death Paly's

HPIM2119.jpg?t=1261870346

Green Branch Hammer

HPIM2120.jpg?t=1261870381

Blue Anthelia/Xenia

HPIM2124.jpg?t=1261870405

HPIM2122.jpg?t=1261870442

HPIM2123.jpg?t=1261870151

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Corals look uber happy right now. Nice polyp extension!

Although the tank does look sterile as all hellzorz... lol

I need some of that Cespit - I CLAIM THE FIRST FRAG!!! <3

Fo sho Thomas...that Cespit is growing like madd so a frag is immenant. Probably be ready before your tank is ;)

And yes that rock is sterile...it was in a dark bucket with a powerhead and no heater for like 3 months. Actually though theres already coraline growing on the front glass :D

NorthCoralNewB
Fo sho Thomas...that Cespit is growing like madd so a frag is immenant. Probably be ready before your tank is ;)

And yes that rock is sterile...it was in a dark bucket with a powerhead and no heater for like 3 months. Actually though theres already coraline growing on the front glass :D

I see the 1 baby PD I gave you has grown sooooo well for you.

You must prepare Purple Cespit Frag Fo Me 2 ....

Gangsta Stylez

acropora1981

Picked up a Duncan last night... pics to follow tonight ;)

Almost forgot; also picked up a frag of 'magician' polyps, pokerstar montipora, pink seriatopora, purple rim green m.capricornis aaaaand some blue shrooms :D

acropora1981
Im in for a frag of that cespit too. the tank looks much better with the new aquascape.

Sacremento is a looong way from Toronto, Ontario but uhhhh... sure? Thanks for the compliment; I still think it looks pretty piss poor thus far...it needs...more branches...

Nice tank. Do you plan on getting a fish or two in there or are you leaving it fishless? That Green Palau Nepthea is really nice btw.

Nice tank. Do you plan on getting a fish or two in there or are you leaving it fishless? That Green Palau Nepthea is really nice btw.

Thanks man, I likely will eventually add a pair of bangaii cardinals, as i am quite good at raising the fry, and its fun...and somewhat profitable :D

That green Palau Nepthea is really nice; its hard to find, but there's a guy here in Toronto that has been growing/fragging it for like 10 years...it cost me like $100! Bastard...oh well, species extinct in the wild should be more expensive than others ;) Hopefully it will get large enough that fragging it will be necessary.

$100 for it liveaquaria sells them for $50. I think I paid $60 for mine from atlanits aquarium.

We are in Canada so ordering corals online from those retailers can be problematic.

UPGRADE!!!

Scored a very inexpensive JBJ 28g AIO, that has no hood. I prefer topless anyway...good for evap and gas exchange! Anyway I just transfered everything over, it looks so so so much better. My god. Why didn't I get an AIO earlier? Gorgeous aquascaping possibilities! Now I just have to get my CPR bakpak on this thing somehow and I will have a fully function, amazingly automated box o' awesome wetness n color n stuff to look at ;)

Anyway pics will follow when it clears up, and the corals are all open so....tomorrow.

TJ sold me one o' his little blue Crocea's...pics to follow when it opens fully. And yes, I did just put a crocea clam in a 5 week old aquarium.

I'd say "take good care of it" but then again, I am not the one with the Marine Bio degree who bred squamosa clams in captivity during university... lol :P

Thankyouuuu temperature controller! Woke up at 5 am to an alarm on my Medusa Temperature Controller; my heater had failed and the temperature dropped 3 degrees, thankfully that tripped the alarm, woke me(from all the way downstairs!), I replaced the heater, and went back to bed, more in love with my Medusa than ever. Temperarture was back to 79F by 10am when I got up, and all livestock was fine. Sweeeeeet....this is why I have this device.

Clam is looking super happy in your tank! Same with that mystery acro. Tank is look awesome dude!

Yeah this week its really all started to come together...now I just need like 7-8 colorful acro's for the background, and maybe another 2 differnt ricordea's, and I'm gonna say a toadstool leather? Oh and 3 acans lol...

Yeah this week its really all started to come together...now I just need like 7-8 colorful acro's for the background, and maybe another 2 differnt ricordea's, and I'm gonna say a toadstool leather? Oh and 3 acans lol...

lol... well we will have to go on a massive acro hunt and split some colonies! Same with the acans.

Archived