Cultivated Reef

Animalmaster6's Aquatic Ramblings and Endless Quest for Water

animalmaster6

animalmaster6
Dude do you really think someone's eyes are just going to wander past the big ass 125 gallon tank in the room because the wall is one color or another?

Grab a brush, paint the walls, and start posting pics of the build!

lol You make a good point!

I have a feeling this paint will get on the walls and I can get this build going!!

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is another type of fish to consider like your firefish goby, it is the scissortail dartfish/goby. They like to be kept in groups of 3 or more. They are a smokey black colour with a nice blue hue to them. They have lots of personality like he firefish too. I loved mine when I had them.. unfortunatel I only had two and when one died the other kept trying to commit suicide until he succeeded.. :(

animalmaster6
Here is another type of fish to consider like your firefish goby, it is the scissortail dartfish/goby. They like to be kept in groups of 3 or more. They are a smokey black colour with a nice blue hue to them. They have lots of personality like he firefish too. I loved mine when I had them.. unfortunatel I only had two and when one died the other kept trying to commit suicide until he succeeded.. :(

Thanks for the recommendation!

I have seen Scizzortail Dartfish before. I really like them! Wouldn't they fill up my max-bioload very soon though? They get to like 3.5 inches right?

Also, would they fight with the Firefish?

Thanks for the recommendation!

I have seen Scizzortail Dartfish before. I really like them! Wouldn't they fill up my max-bioload very soon though? They get to like 3.5 inches right?

Also, would they fight with the Firefish?

your bioload can be surprisingly high, its dependant on how much you feed, and how long u take to stock ur tank. go slower and feed smaller amounts throughout the day and the tank can handle it better than a massive chunk of food that spits out larger amounts of ammonia at one feed.

personally i think u should pait the wall light green like a key lime or sometin but really im just sayin this just to get u to post pics.

JK i cant see the room it is in but i think light green would look good judging by the description.

animalmaster6
your bioload can be surprisingly high, its dependant on how much you feed, and how long u take to stock ur tank. go slower and feed smaller amounts throughout the day and the tank can handle it better than a massive chunk of food that spits out larger amounts of ammonia at one feed.

Thanks east!

I'll add things slowly!

personally i think u should pait the wall light green like a key lime or sometin but really im just sayin this just to get u to post pics.

JK i cant see the room it is in but i think light green would look good judging by the description.

We were actually thinking about having a light green wall.

LOL! I'm in computer class right now. This is my last one so my teacher let me go on here. lol He rocks!

animalmaster6

Just got off the phone with Shaun at vividaquariums. I asked him what he thinks about the best paint color. He said it's all personal preference and any color would look good. He also said lighter colors are usually better. I think i'm going to go with light green. What do you guys think about that?

Just got off the phone with Shaun at vividaquariums. I asked him what he thinks about the best paint color. He said it's all personal preference and any color would look good. He also said lighter colors are usually better. I think i'm going to go with light green. What do you guys think about that?

DO IT!!!

:rolleyes: The paint that goes on the wall is always the choice of the woman of the house. I repeat: always always always. If it is chosen by us we have to hear how it would be much better different every time she looks at it. Try leaving magazines showing beautiful New England style rooms painted in your choice around the house. Say nothing and let her choose. :ninja:

Hurry up and get water in this thing, we want pics.

animalmaster6
:rolleyes: The paint that goes on the wall is always the choice of the woman of the house. I repeat: always always always. If it is chosen by us we have to hear how it would be much better different every time she looks at it. Try leaving magazines showing beautiful New England style rooms painted in your choice around the house. Say nothing and let her choose. :ninja:

Hurry up and get water in this thing, we want pics.

lol

My mom is the one trying and trying to get this thing perfect! She likes the idea of light green. I think we've decided to choose light green. :happy: Not official yet

I just want this tank going! <_< We are all getting sick of this aren't we?

Nah, only having fun. Sucks when you have to wait for someone else to make the decisions.

Your going to love all those fish you can fit in a big tank.

animalmaster6
Nah, only having fun. Sucks when you have to wait for someone else to make the decisions.

Your going to love all those fish you can fit in a big tank.

I can't wait to actually put my fish list in action!

Still forming it though

animalmaster6
Yay!!!

Nice Try Violinist :P

I actually have awesome news! We found the color! Tan! We are buying paint and other stuff for it and we will have it painted this week! yay!

animalmaster6

I thought I would share a fewe other livestock plans.

- Completely mixed reef but the most corals I will have are acro's, candy canes, frogspawn, and lots and lots of mushrooms.

- ReefCleaners CUC :happydance:

- Lots and Lots of mutualistic relationships

- 3 Sexy Shrimp

- Staghorn hermit Crab

- Cleaner Shrimp

- Sand-Sifting Star omgomgomg

- Possibly mini dartfish

THE PAINTING IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy mother of christ.

Now the agonizing three week debate over what shade of sand to put in the tank can finally begin.

:P

Yay!!!

animalmaster6
Holy mother of christ.

Now the agonizing three week debate over what shade of sand to put in the tank can finally begin.

:P

Yay!!!

haha

I already know what sand I'm putting in though. :P

http://www.vividaquariums.com/10Expand.asp...te%20And%20Sand

Fine white reef sand. Used this exact sand with the 12G and I really like it!

We can have an agonizing three week debate over what gobies to get though :)

Archived