Cultivated Reef

Animalmaster6's Aquatic Ramblings and Endless Quest for Water

animalmaster6

sorry I keep forgetting to mention, that when you fill the crack between the trim & the glass. Use Black silicone. It can be the cheep stuff from where ever, since its out side the tank & will never actually contact the water. Where as anything thats structural would have have me chanting about dow's 999-A or better yet 795.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6

MD: Soon

sorry I keep forgetting to mention, that when you fill the crack between the trim & the glass. Use Black silicone. It can be the cheep stuff from where ever, since its out side the tank & will never actually contact the water. Where as anything thats structural would have have me chanting about dow's 999-A or better yet 795.

:unsure: Didn't plan on doing this...

lol thought we had talk about it. easiest diy I know of as far as cost benefit. 10-15 min of work to never see salt creep coming out of the trim. wrap the trim in tape, run strip of tape around on the glass. add some black silicone. pull tape. done.

you may not be planning on it, but if I had forgotten to bring it up/point it out. would have felt like @@#^, for having forgotten. to point out something that piss me off every time I notice it, on a tank where I've forgotten about it.

namely my sump.

No :P

I've got vacation next week so that's when you will get it :P

yay :P

dont think I'm being pushy, I'm just giving you a hard time :P

what are the best gobies and blennys , are they ok with a longnose hawk?

Tailspot? Hi-fin? White Cap (w/o pistol) ? or any other nice ones, like rare or interesting?

(there is a species of Pistol shrimp I can get but you have to find it in the LR I heard it is pretty reef safe)

Ya never call, ya never write... how we spose to know you live a deid. Hmm... Post before I drive out there n ringg your little neek.

animalmaster6
Hey there AM hope you had a great chocolate bunny day.

I did. Great day :happy:

what are the best gobies and blennys , are they ok with a longnose hawk?

Tailspot? Hi-fin? White Cap (w/o pistol) ? or any other nice ones, like rare or interesting?

(there is a species of Pistol shrimp I can get but you have to find it in the LR I heard it is pretty reef safe)

Longnose Hawkfish will eat small gobies and blennies. How big is the tank?

What species is it?

Ya never call, ya never write... how we spose to know you live a deid. Hmm... Post before I drive out there n ringg your little neek.

My N-R days will temporarily be dead for the next couple weeks. Wait until summer for me to go back to being AM :( :(

My N-R days will temporarily be dead for the next couple weeks. Wait until summer for me to go back to being AM :( :(

Awww, school stuff? :(

We'll miss you

animalmaster6
Awww, school stuff? :(

We'll miss you

Yeah. I'm always really busy at this time of year but this year its escalated.

I'll still be on :happydance:

Ah... The boy formally known as AM. Got ya. Be well.

I'll be on still, just not as often as before :happy:

Am!

That is all .

Hey Oc!

well I am still tossing the idea of a flame or longnose hawk, but I really like/want shrimp and smaller goby and blennys. I will probably not get a hawkfish.

now about the pistol shrimp I think there are two

Alpheus sp. cf. pacificus ? (not sure about this one)

Alpheus rapax (confirmed shrimp Goby, and a hawaii endemic!)

Display will be a 29g BC as in my new sig :happy:

As for fish I am thinking of 3-4 of these (3-4 off the list not 3-4 each):

Flame Angelfish (really love this fish :flower: even if it might pick it is worth it)

Midas Blenny

BlueSpot Jawfish

True perc single/pair

flase per single/pair

Blue damsel

blue chromis

firefish

animalmaster6
So can you give us an update before you ghost?

What happened to the rocks?

No updates, at all. I've gotten like no time lately.

In two to three weeks I'll be back on more.

I can tell you there may be a surprise with water if something falls through ;)

well I am still tossing the idea of a flame or longnose hawk, but I really like/want shrimp and smaller goby and blennys. I will probably not get a hawkfish.

now about the pistol shrimp I think there are two

Alpheus sp. cf. pacificus ? (not sure about this one)

Alpheus rapax (confirmed shrimp Goby, and a hawaii endemic!)

Display will be a 29g BC as in my new sig :happy:

As for fish I am thinking of 3-4 of these (3-4 off the list not 3-4 each):

Flame Angelfish (really love this fish :flower: even if it might pick it is worth it)

Midas Blenny

BlueSpot Jawfish

True perc single/pair

flase per single/pair

Blue damsel

blue chromis

firefish

Gobies and blennies are much more interesting than hawkfish IMO. Hawkfish also eat shrimp.

I believe Alpheus sp. cf. pacificus is not a shrimp goby. There are pistol shrimps that host corals and sponges. I think this is one of them.

I recommend not getting the damsel or chromis. Damsels are aggressive and chromis' will pick each other off in small tanks. There are better options.

I would advise against a Flame Angel because of how much swimming space they need but as long as you know it should be alright ;)

Archived