Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Animalmaster6's Aquatic Ramblings and Endless Quest for Water

animalmaster6

edit: wow I do like to hear my self talk don't I. short answers.

don't worry It's cool if never even install it.

you don't need any of them & the can run by them selves just fine.

Lets see I've got rainmeter, deskspace & rocketdock running on a 795 single processor, with about .5gig of ram. I do have the virtual memory bumped up to about 3.5gig since thats about what a 32bit system can handle, a 64 bit os can take 8. over all its not bad, even together. there small programs that run mostly in the back ground. none of them need the others, they just do different things & complement each other. I'm running rainmeter to give my desktop a huge clock since I have trouble loosing track of time when I'm reading & this keeps it in my peripheral vision. I then add the graphs of things like ram, cpu, & swap to the desktop since I'm chasing down the last bottle neck. while I try & optimize the system & finish with a to do list that is actually a huge help. Honestly the thing that eats processing power & ram the most is the anti virus software, updating its self all the time.

together my desktop ends up looking about like this

http://customize.org/screenshots/66621

Of the 3 rocket dock is probably the most useful & smallest. while deskspace really helps with the fact that I tend to have way too many things open at once. like tweetdeck & trendsmap on one, itunes on another, my current book on a third, & so on. of the virtual desktops I've tried its the one I like the most.

I never ment you had to throw it on or anything. just thought that since I had it you might like to see if it helped. I recommended for Mini Dude take a look at rainmeter. since its a simple programing system & the skins are all open so they can be rewritten to fit you needs. actually the whole things open source but didn't expect him to look quite that deep. Thought it might have been something he would have liked. but thats the beauty of freeware you can just delete it. :)

the other programs I think I brought up where 7zip & peazip. These are for compressing & uncompressing files. they take the place of winzip & other like zip systems but are able to handel some of the new types. basically its what you would use to extract zipped files after downloading them. since you've been able to do that before I'll bet you've already got something on the box to do this. I only brought it up in case you needed to find something better/newer for things like rar & such. I download enough things, like torrents, that I need the ability's found in them is all.

hey I likked it a lot...very cool...I just didnt have the time to do it right...I only have 1 1/2 on the computer a day :(

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if your not up for the rainmeter yet you should probably try rocketdock & deskspace. Oh make sure to find the side app for rocketdock called stackdock, or what ever it is. easy to find & kinda nifty.

here this might help.

animalmaster6

Found the card reader! Uploading some pichurs on PICASA right now!

That's frigging awesome!!!

My exact thoughts. Seriously intense!

What about me too?:P

You are my sheapard, I will follow u.. Lol

Don't worry D I wouldn't be happy without you either :P

AM, when you had your candy cane pistols, did the burry coral and move them alot? where they out often? thinking of trading in my tiger pistol, he is just to destructive, and wondering if the candy canes are any less destructive.

animalmaster6
AM, when you had your candy cane pistols, did the burry coral and move them alot? where they out often? thinking of trading in my tiger pistol, he is just to destructive, and wondering if the candy canes are any less destructive.

They weren't aggressive at all. They didn't do any damage and they were out all the time.

The box

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS441.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS443.jpg

I see rock!

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS442.jpg

This rock is really nice. Very porous and just overall really awesome pieces.

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS453.jpg

Rubble

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS444.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS445.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS446.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS447.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS448.jpg

Hole for a goby or blenny

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS449.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS450.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS451.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS452.jpg

animalmaster6

:)

Bumped it over to the next page

They weren't aggressive at all. They didn't do any damage and they were out all the time.

The box

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS441.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS443.jpg

I see rock!

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS442.jpg

This rock is really nice. Very porous and just overall really awesome pieces.

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS453.jpg

Rubble

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS444.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS445.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS446.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS447.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS448.jpg

Hole for a goby or blenny

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS449.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS450.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS451.jpg

REBELT1iPICSANDAQUARIUMPICS452.jpg

Well someone obviously ignored that "Fragile" label, the box looks like it got thrown off a bridge

YAY ROCK :D Can't wait to see the scape!

Sorry

LOL I just didn't want to type it all out mate. no worry's.

AM, how long do you think it will take to scape it out. Figure your crazy busy. But I'm betting your dieing, to get this done.

AM, how long do you think it will take to scape it out. Figure your crazy busy. But I'm betting your dieing, to get this done.

With hI'm it will be another 100 pages :) jk lol jk sorry

Oh & Mini Dude for the recored Fab was serious about the conditions that would get you banned. changing thread, not having the tank in cycle, so on.

AM part of why I go back to saying that you should keep this thread is for the same reasons. But then again this thread has kind of evolved past being just a tank thread hasn't it. still think you should keep it going in here till you at least have the tank up.

animalmaster6
Sorry

lol don't worry MD.

Well someone obviously ignored that "Fragile" label, the box looks like it got thrown off a bridge

YAY ROCK :D Can't wait to see the scape!

Haha a few pieces were broken. I personally love the rubble. Perfect for shrimp gobies and jawfish :D

Me either! :happydance:

I need more rock first.

I've gotten a lot busier lately but scaping is a priority, I can't wait to get it cycling.

Careful there, you have to earn the right to mock.

th_smiley-mean.gif

+1

:) rocks. you're getting somewhere now. awsome. :)

:happydance:

Hey AM speaking of programs & such. Here's a great Idea plus it give you the link to a blog that you should check out. http://lifehacker.com/#!5788145/use-go...ool-note-taking

Interesting stuff!

AM part of why I go back to saying that you should keep this thread is for the same reasons. But then again this thread has kind of evolved past being just a tank thread hasn't it. still think you should keep it going in here till you at least have the tank up.

I'm definitely keeping this thread up until water. Once it gets water I will make a new thread but I've got great plans for this thread.

lol I don't think this thread would ever die. It's like Weetie's in that way. Still think that for long term their to similar in name but meh.

Oh & Mini Dude for the recored Fab was serious about the conditions that would get you banned. changing thread, not having the tank in cycle, so on.

not having tank in cycle :huh: ? Sorry I dont understand that one

Do you remember the time limit that Fab gave you to have water in the tank. aka have wet water & the tank cycling by what a week or so from know. LOL looks like you made it. Just think when D can sign back in. you might be about ready for live stock.

Archived