inTank Media Baskets

Will mushroom survive my first attempt at fragging?

lapoolboy

Well, I have a couple of mushrooms that are attached to some rock. I pulled the rock out of the tank and hacked the mushrooms off the rock. I am pretty sure I got most of the "foot" off with the shroom, but the thing folded up on itself so much it was hard to tell. There is nothing left on the rock anyway. I put it back in the tank immediately where I want it to attach and put some netting over it so the powerheads won't blow it away. It was releasing quite a bit of slime strings. Will it survive and attach where I want it to? I guess I'm just paranoid because I haven't physically removed one before and transplanted it. How hardy are these things? I have had a couple let loose on their on, and I simply placed them where I wanted them. They attached fine and have been stuck ever since. If this one survives, how long will it take to attach?

Don't worry about a shroom....I have heard of people putting then into a blender, chopping them into mush, throwing the mush into a tank, and getting bo-jillions of mushrooms from it.....

Don't worry about a shroom....I have heard of people putting then into a blender, chopping them into mush, throwing the mush into a tank, and getting bo-jillions of mushrooms from it.....

I wanna try!!!

It works nicely, but they take more than 3 months to grow back to a usable size :o

Geez, how would you keep a 'shroom-shake from floating around anyways? Not that I plan on trying it mind you..... :ninja:

skimlessinseattle

Maybe not the easiest, but the best way IMO is to cut it up like a pizza. About 6-8 slices, starting each cut from the mouth. Put the slices in a cup of crushed coral, and put some netting on the top to keep them in. Place the cup in the tank and give it about 2 weeks. The shroom slices will have attaced to the crushed coral, and now you can superglue the crushed coral to a piece of LR.

Maybe try 4 slices at first as suggested by Eole00. to get the hand of it, or simply cut it in half.

Just try to get a piece of the mouth in each slice.

ive done that with some red mushies a few years back... threw the slurry into a 5 gallon, insane. ill see if i can dig up some pics :P

Archived