Top Shelf Aquatics

What fish can I put in a six gallon nano cube?

fishboy87

I was thinking of a yellow clown goby and a peppermint shrimp to make sure there are no aptasia. I'm open to other suggestions as well. I'm hoping what I listed isn't too much and are compatible.

The cube is new but I'm going to seed it with my aquapod's sand and water. I'd hope to add whatever I get within a week or two. Is this too soon?

Thanks alot and merry christmas!

Weeber-Thanks for the quick answer!

MedicMC-I completely forgot that was there! Thanks alot!

Since it says that clown gobies can be kept in a .5 gallon pico. Could I keep two? Would they be aggressive towards eachother unless they were a proven pair? I realize that this could possibly mean no peppermint shrimp. I'd just want to make sure my options I can go with are safe.

I dont think they would fight, but im not an expert. I dont think they will have a problem with shrimp either.

Clown Gobies will sit on your corals though - it absolutely pissed me off!

non-photosynt

If you are planning to have a clown goby, check weaning clown gobies and what type of corals they are accustomed to live on.

Sps require high light and a clean water, and offering different kinds of very small foods 3x a day to a fish may conflict with that, when not too much filtration could be put on .5 gal pico tank. -_-

I bought yesterday panda gobies and pocillopora for them, so far they are in 2.5 gal, but power filter is not enough already.

You don't have to get SPS to wean clown gobies; although if you can afford to keep a "sacrificial" pocillopora, then good luck. Most people seem to do fine feeding their clown gobies with introduced foods and not using corals.

Archived