Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

AdrianBryce

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not sure on the led. Haven't seen it before. But I am buying it locally from a club member, with whom I have had transactions with before, So I know it works.

Any thoughts on the t5 vs the led's i mentioned?

also what are your thoughts on the CUC? sufficient or do I need a few more members? I am going crab free on this by the way.

so far in my pico i rely on 7-9 stomatells (they rock) one astrea snail, bristle worms, and one soon to be blue legged hermit. i really dont want this hermit but i need some hair algea gone. if he even starts to pick at my corals i will pitch him. i will be building an led light sooner or later. they are just to efficient not to do. you can get the same par readings as a halide but use a fraction of the watts. plus they last longer and make the corals look insane.

Yeah,

I would really like to stay in the 60 dollar range on lighting. I will probably go with the T5's as the fixture will be more than enough for softies and lps. I am not doing any sps.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright,

Everything is set up. I put in LR and LS from my tank at home, so here's hoping for almost no cycle. right now the residents are 3 small blue leg hermits that were stowaways on the rock and snail that I don't know the name of.

Here is the first FTS (sorry for the crappy pics. forgot my DSLR, so these are from my BB.)

First shot is with flourescent white balance, second shot with the default.

What do you think of the aquascape. I was a little rushed, doing it before work started.

right now there is about six pounds of LS in it. I am going to add a few more pounds for a deeper SB for my future goby/shrimp duo. Also pardon the bubbles, forgot my filter floss so the fuge is pushing a lot of water ATM.

That is the way to do it. I wanted to do the contest but my tank is a half gallon to large. Good excuse not to wait to set it up though. :haha:

.....................................^^^.......I think that just gave me a small seizure BTW. be careful

I got my scape completely out of the rubble pile, $1.99lb 8-)

If your going PC (If the LED's dont work, even though whatever you using looks good) Why not get the coralife aqualight? It is about $50 cheaper, and can use the current usa bulbs, to achieve the same appearance. A little electrical tape is needed :)

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=161504

Just my .02, thats what I'm doing

Yeah, I guess I forgot to add the lighting in. I am using the T5 setup I mentioned in the OP. Looks good. I might add some supplimental actinic led's to make the corals pop a little more. I wish the good bulb makers made 18 inch bulbs. I would love some ATI or UVL bulbs on this.

Also forgot to add using a PC fan mod on the light. and to answer an earlier question, I don't have an LED fuge light. it is incandescent, which came with the AC70. It gets good growth, though, I would like it to be LED for bulb longevity.

picofanmod.jpg

picofugelight.jpg

i like the scape. the only thing that doesnt sit well is the giant erection in the back. lol. it just doesn't flow. maybe it will look better covered in coral.

It is a representation of how reefing makes me feel. :o and it is not in the background, it is front and center. I wanted some tonga branch in there and I wanted it to be branching so there it is. I am not going to move it. It will not be so apparent when I get some corals on it.

I just looked at the pic again. it does not represent fairly how the tank looks in person either. when you have some semblance of depth (via first person view) it is not so apparent.

but maybe I should put a small frag of xenia right on the tip.

if you wanted UVL to make some 18in bulbs you are in luck because if you look in the nanocustoms section of this forum you will see a thread where they will be selling retrofit kits with 18in and 10in UVL T5VHO bulbs with internal reflectors and 5 different color spectrums to choose from.

@mustangboy thanks for the heads up.

Update: I changed the scape. pulled a co-worker over and all we could both see was a giant rod.

so here is the new scape.

don't worry about it. I have a couple rock shaped rocks I can put in to make it a little different.

It would look great, but I now cannot look at it long enough to let it get covered. I will put it in my 90 gallon where it won't be so conspicuous.

Archived