Top Shelf Aquatics

Best fish for a pico

mnvikes8484

i probly wouldn't keep anything over 2.5 inches. i think they get like 3-4 inches don't they?

the NO fish is the best for a pico

lets keep you in a 3x3' room and lets see how you like it :D

the NO fish is the best for a pico

lets keep you in a 3x3' room and lets see how you like it :D

thats not a fair ratio....

its moar like 12'x12', and thats moar than prisoners get.

and after all, isnt keeping a fish, against its will, imprisonment?

all ethics aside, GCG FTW.

thats not a fair ratio....

its moar like 12'x12', and thats moar than prisoners get.

and after all, isnt keeping a fish, against its will, imprisonment?

all ethics aside, GCG FTW.

i know i know

i was just messing round

but in my pico im doing no fish no shrimp

ALL CORALS

note: there will also be lr and ls water heater and lights all the things that you need i said ALL corals as a exageration so dont flip

I bought a damsel for mine yesterday and it looked out of place swimming around in such a small space. I decided to take it back today and stick with corals only.

I keep this yellow fish in my pico, I'm not sure exactly what kind it is but the friendly people at petco assured me it would do fine and they stay small when you put them in a small tanks so I don't have to worry about it outgrowing my 9" cube :)

10.26fts.jpg

callmesaul8889

ignore me, i forgot there was a smilie button with all of the smilies available to click on, i do it the old fashion way.. i must be drunk or something

I keep this yellow fish in my pico, I'm not sure exactly what kind it is but the friendly people at petco assured me it would do fine and they stay small when you put them in a small tanks so I don't have to worry about it outgrowing my 9" cube :)

10.26fts.jpg

Isn't the hippo tang better suited for this tank?

Panda goby, sexy shrimp, flaming prawn goby, hectors or rainfords goby, yasha goby, Pom Pom crab just to name a few.

FTW. A few notes though. Panda Gobies do best with a colony of pocillopora, I have heard few successful cases where one is kept without. Flaming Prawn Gobies are awesome, if you can find one, if you can afford one, and if you can get it to eat, you will still have a hard time seeing this fish, sorry but they are extremely antisocial fish (which really sucks because they are awesome). Hector's and Rainford's generally need more grazing food than a pico can provide, but are possible if you have one that readily accepts prepared foods.

Let me add bumble bee shrimp, high fin banded goby, trimma goby, green banded goby, red head goby, neon goby, two spot blenny, and clown goby to the list. It should be noted that many of these fish have special needs, especially if they are kept in a pico. Most are jumpers. Good luck!

hahaximmaxfish
Let me add bumble bee shrimp, high fin banded goby, trimma goby, green banded goby, red head goby, neon goby, two spot blenny, and clown goby to the list. It should be noted that many of these fish have special needs, especially if they are kept in a pico. Most are jumpers. Good luck!

You named a two spot blenny, how about a lawnmower?

You named a two spot blenny, how about a lawnmower?

Hmm... They get quite a bit bigger than the Two Spot (5in vs. 1.5in). You could try one if it was small, but it would need to be moved to a larger tank eventually. Plus the Two Spot looks better. :D

Similarly, I've seen some people keep a Bi Color Blenny in a pico. The problem is they get too large and have to be moved.

Archived