Coral Vue Hydros

The coolest sea slug in the world!

Bongo Shrimp

It can't swim and is carried by currents of the ocean. They have nematocysts and can sting like jellyfish. Although not really practical for the home aquarium because well it can't swim, stings, and ONLY floats on the surface partially exposed to the air. Not 100% sure it can sting a human but it eats Portuguese man o war and other hydrozoans that are potentially deadly to humans.

I would pay some serious $$$ for one of these...

This is #2 in my favorite list of all time most awesome sea animals.

So WHAT IS IT?

Glaucus atlanticus

Screenshot2009-12-15at103118PM.jpg

7604b.jpg

Here is some info on Seaslugforum: The Sea Slug Forum - Glaucus atlanticus

Awesome right?

It would be kinda cool to make a super super shallow tank to have a few of these in, the only problem is feeding. Think they make enriched frozen man o war cubes?

It would be kinda cool to make a super super shallow tank to have a few of these in, the only problem is feeding. Think they make enriched frozen man o war cubes?

actually the fish store i work at sells both frozen man o' war, and live man o' war. We have small and large. $0.50 for small. $1.00 for large

+2

these things are hella dangerous too. they incorporate the poisons from the man o war into themselves. (prob more so than the man o wars themselves......) O_O"

I was stung by a man o' war when I was a kid...all I can say is, it hurts like a beeatch.

show me what eats the Irukandji Jellyfish (Carukia barnesi) and we got ourselves a killah!!!!!!!!

I didn't find something that cool,

but I found a sea-hair the size of a sausage!

Only if I had a 200 gallon tank,

then i could have taken it.

Archived