Pod Your Reef

LEDs and LENSES Group Buy Part 2! CLOSED!

deepdvnarq

So... I hate to ask this as you have not even placed the order yet, but when's the next group buy? ;) I am not ready to buy any LED's... but based on how long between Part 1 and Part 2, got an estimate so I can prepare the specs of my upcoming build?

Thanks,

Salt.

hi salt,

i dont even know at the moment. this one wasn't even planned, it just came about becuase a few of us needed some LEDs, but you can still join this one. i will place the order on monday afternoon.

You have me down for 6 CREE XP-G R5s. Can you also add 2 meanwell eln-60-48ds to my order? Thanks.

2 MW "d"s it is then.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whew. done for tonight. will start sending the invoices out on Sunday.

thanks

PLease pm your paypal info if you havent done so.

Info sent

I also amended my order (increased LED amounts). Thanks again for letting me in on this one.

Mike

i got you down!

GB is officially closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im awaiting a few PM for clarification and i will have the invoices out some time tonight when i get off work. sorry for the delay, but i didnt expect the GB to get this big. please submit any changes you have by 6 pm pst so i can start these invoices.

thank you all

Dennis

qualitycontrol

Dennis you are the man,

Thanks for putting this on because it really does make it easier for everyone to get what they need at a great price!

Mike HArrington
Dennis you are the man,

Thanks for putting this on because it really does make it easier for everyone to get what they need at a great price!

I second that. I can build twice as many arrays now with this group buy!!!!

my name is misspelled in the lens section. :P

hope it doesn't confuse you later on.

hey who's ENB? ;)

i'm till working on the invoices felas. almost done. then i will check the pm's. thanks!

thanks for your comments too.

i'll have an update and everything ina bit.

be on the lookout for invoices. i sent out a bunch already and still waiting on others for their paypal address. i have about another 35 invoices to go. i got to go to bed its 4am and need to be up in 2 hours for work. laters.

and ouch! let me tell you that payapl fees suck. i think im going to take it in the shorts again on this one. on a few orders orders already the fee was more than the shipping the product. not good.

good night y'all.

be on the lookout for invoices. i sent out a bunch already and still waiting on others for their paypal address. i have about another 35 invoices to go. i got to go to bed its 4am and need to be up in 2 hours for work. laters.

and ouch! let me tell you that payapl fees suck. i think im going to take it in the shorts again on this one. on a few orders orders already the fee was more than the shipping the product. not good.

good night y'all.

I'll be adding the paypal fees to my invoice. There's no reason you should have to pay the fees on top of all the work.

Take your total and multiply it by 1.029 then add $.30 That will cover the paypal fees.

The other way is to do a "gift" or a "transfer" Then you don't get hit with the fees. But you aren't covered by the paypal insurance if the guy skips out. I'm not too worried about it in this case.

B

I'll be adding the paypal fees to my invoice. There's no reason you should have to pay the fees on top of all the work.

Take your total and multiply it by 1.029 then add $.30 That will cover the paypal fees.

The other way is to do a "gift" or a "transfer" Then you don't get hit with the fees. But you aren't covered by the paypal insurance if the guy skips out. I'm not too worried about it in this case.

B

thanks B! that is awesome! :D

almost all invoices sent. just waiting on 3 people to give me they paypal info and then i can place the orders.

all other invoices were sent!

whew i off to work!

Payment sent!

I'm wondering if you have all the items already or will you collect all the payments first before ordering them?

Edit: nm, it looks like you answered this already above.

Thanks again.

I didnt even think about paypal fees... I figured you would make up the difference with the extra price break we had to have hit. Tonight I will paypal you some $ to cover the fees since they are $28 for my order alone!

thanks B! that is awesome! :D

almost all invoices sent. just waiting on 3 people to give me they paypal info and then i can place the orders.

all other invoices were sent!

whew i off to work!

Dennis,

I have to admit... I didn't even think about the PayPal fees either... But Dude! why would you not mention that in the beginning and/or add it to the shipping charges? You are getting about $15k in payments from people, not sure how much of that is via PayPal but I suspect a good chunk... thats $435.30 in the hole plus time... (assuming $15k which is close but probably a little more than reality via PayPal, and the 1.029 multiplier + $0.3, fee calculation - which I don't know how accurate it is).

This totally sucks! Ok, how about you just PM people w/their fees or post a list of all orders w/their fees or if you want to be very incognito list the orders w/out people's names and put the fee numbers next to them here on the thread. And then leave it up to them to decide to pay or not if you want to be nice since you didn't say it in the beginning... but really...

spacey B)

shipping will be a flat rate of $12 (add $4 if you are getting meanwells..bigger box. so 16 total) this time around to cover shipping and paypal fees.

He has combined shipping and paypal fees for our and his convenience (but I get the feeling he underestimated the paypal fees...). I sent it as a gift as well to try and offset any additional fees

i really want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart! i really, really, appreciate all of you. i didn't think of the big orders and based it off my last GB. the last group buy wasn't even close to the size of this one. if everyone stays, we will probably hit $20k! i sent in the orders today and will hear from them tommorow. i did send all of the invoices this morning. once again, thank you all very much.

well back to the PM's i go.

jst for you info here is the amount of leds, lenses and drivers so far:

xr-e cw 427

xr-e rb 756

xp-g cw 836

xp-e rb 472

total leds 2491

drivers

d: 175

p: 15

total drivers: 190

lenses

xr-e

80 degrees: 198

60 degrees: 560

40 degrees: 189

8 degrees: 12

total xr-e lenses: 939

xp-g lenses 40 degrees: 640

total lenses sold: 1579

this kind of blew the other GB out of the water!

And almost everyone of you will be violating Orbitec's patent.

I know I certainly will be.

If enough people do. And the patent is not enforced, maybe it might be deemed public domain.

Broken patent.

Hey, thanks Dennis for making this happen! I hope you get some small profit out of it. Hopefully the order arrives complete with no problems.

As for the patent, I think it only applies to commercial establishments creating products to sell to the public, right?

Nope. Anyone building a variable colored and dimmable led fixture that will sit over a salt water tank; will violate the patent.

Power to the people!

Everyone should post their build.

Bust the patent.

Archived