Top Shelf Aquatics

LEDs and LENSES Group Buy Part 2! CLOSED!

deepdvnarq

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm in for:

40 XPGs

40 40 degree XPG optics

38 XRE RBs

24 40 degree XRE optics

12 60 degree XRE optics

i got you down.

dont worry about the GB site. please send PM me your payapl address, full name, address so i can send you an invoice. thanks

Dennis

deep - Can you change my optics from 80s to 60s please?

TIA

done!

Just committed my order on the group buy and it timed out before finishing. Although, it now show me as a committed buyer. Hopefully it went through. :huh: Just to make sure here's what was ordered:

54 - XP-G CW

52 - XP-E RB

106 - Optics for xp-g/xp-e 40 deg.

8 Meanwells eln-60-48 D

Thanks! jpmig

done

13 xr-e rb D3

13 xp-g cw R5

2 Meanwell "d"

CAN'T WAIT!!!

done

I'll go for: 36 XP-G 40 deg and

36 XR-E 40 deg

Firewall it baby!!

Semper Fly

Casper

done

I'm in for

12 XRE CW

12 XRE RB

12 80 degree optics

12 60 degree optics

2 "D" MWs

Thanks!

done

I am going to join for 30. 15 XR-E Royal Blue, and 15 XP-G's. I will update from interested on site as well.

thanks and i got you down too

for some reason the groupbuy site seems to keep failing every time I try to add more leds and drivers. So I am posting on here that I would like to change my order to this:

7 xp-g cw leds

7 xp-e rb leds

5 meanwell eln 60-48D drivers

Thanks for organizing such a huge group buy,

Lindsay

thanks for the comments :blush:

i have you down

Thank you for all the work you have put into this!

The Group buy site got part of my order, The complete order is:

40 - XR-E Q5 WG

40 - XR-E RB

50 - 40 degree optics

30 - 60 degree optics

6 - Meanwell ELN-60-48 D’s

I’ve already paid for part of the order...(40 XR-E WG, and 40 XR-E RB).

You can PM me and let me know what I can do so that everything is straight.

Thanks again,

Stuart

thanks stuart

i was wondering who that was! lol

i will get you the real invoice by the 30th

Dennis

There was an error adding my order. Here's mine (user: rsuplido):

24 XP-G -> this made it

24 XP-E -> this made it

4 ELN-60-48-D -> this did not make it

48 40deg XP lenses -> instructed to specify here

Please confirm.

Thanks!

got you down and confirmed

thanks

Looks like the group buy ended on the gotogroupbuy site. Was I suppose to confirm? Or is that site just used as a tally.

Thanks for doing all this!

i got you down.

it is great for the paypal part. all of the info is there for me. makes things easier. this time there was glitches in it that multiplied the orders, but other than that, the site works great.

Whoa I thought I had until Saturday, did I miss out? It says group buy closed but I need 10 XP-G CWs and 8 XP-E RBs pretty bad :)

anything for you bud! so how are things? i see you're back for this GB too! lol i knew you couldnt resist.

i went in on an order with someone else, I just wanted confirmation, the bins are r5, group 15 right?

yes

:) the GB site has ended but anyone can still join. it doesn't end until the 30th.

i will start sending out invoices starting on friday with all invoices out by saturday. please if you didnt sign up on the GB site. pm me your payapl address, name, addressand just for kicks and accuracy your order.

those who already sent me them.. thank you! :)

now time to add everything up!

can you add 3 more xp-g CW to my order? forgot about some flashlights that need modding :) Also add 1 more meanwell "D"...can't imagine I'll see this price again for a while.

Thanks.

Tim

1723 LEDs

121 MW

Cripes! There must be another price break for hitting three times the last LED threshold!

qualitycontrol

I tried the site but it says it has ended. Is it over? If not add me to the list. I want the following:

6 - XR-E Cool Whites

6 - XR-E Royal Blues

2 - Meanwell ELN-60-48-D (I want dimmable)

PM me the info you need from me for payment or send me your paypal info!

Thanks

deepdvnarq I am looking to get in on the group buy but need some recommendations for my set ups. Can you give me an idea how many LEDs you would use for 3 of my tanks. I have four 39 watt T5s above 2 of the tanks now. The third tank is the refugium/sump with a lights of America Compact fluorescent bulb on about half of it. All three measure 45x23" with 11" water depth and are stacked on top of each other.

I am keeping mostly anemones and SPS in one and I have 9" above the water total for clearance. The second one I have anemones and softies and about 14" above the water .

The refugium has about 14" above the water also. I would like to keep the light in the tanks and off the glass as much as possible. I prefer not to use optics if I do not have to. I was thinking I could machine a slight angle into the head sink or use aluminum channel at an angle for the outer LEDs to help keep the light in the tank.

My T5 about 2-3 inches above the water and can do the same with the LEDs, if need be. It would be easier to work on the tank and view from above if the lights were higher. It looks like only 40 degree are available for the XP-Gs. Would they be suitable at say 7-8 inches above the water?

Would 26 LEDs each be enough light for the top two tanks?

13 XP-G CW

13 XP-E or CREE XR-E RB (which is better?)

2 ELN-60-48-D

How about 13 XP-G CW for the refugium? Is there a better choice for here?

deepdvnarq I am looking to get in on the group buy but need some recommendations for my set ups. Can you give me an idea how many LEDs you would use for 3 of my tanks. I have four 39 watt T5s above 2 of the tanks now. The third tank is the refugium/sump with a lights of America Compact fluorescent bulb on about half of it. All three measure 45x23" with 11" water depth and are stacked on top of each other.

I am keeping mostly anemones and SPS in one and I have 9" above the water total for clearance. The second one I have anemones and softies and about 14" above the water .

The refugium has about 14" above the water also. I would like to keep the light in the tanks and off the glass as much as possible. I prefer not to use optics if I do not have to. I was thinking I could machine a slight angle into the head sink or use aluminum channel at an angle for the outer LEDs to help keep the light in the tank.

My T5 about 2-3 inches above the water and can do the same with the LEDs, if need be. It would be easier to work on the tank and view from above if the lights were higher. It looks like only 40 degree are available for the XP-Gs. Would they be suitable at say 7-8 inches above the water?

Would 26 LEDs each be enough light for the top two tanks?

13 XP-G CW

13 XP-E or CREE XR-E RB (which is better?)

2 ELN-60-48-D

How about 13 XP-G CW for the refugium? Is there a better choice for here?

I think you can get away with the 13 XP-G CW and 1 MW for your refugium. Im thinking you might be able to use 52 LEDs and 4 MW on each of the other 2 tanks. 4 rows of 13 spaced 3 inches apart with no optics should almost match your t5 lighting. 78 LEDs and 6 MW with 60 degree optics would blend and work optimally for your setup. HTH, let me know if you have anymore questions.

Dennis,

I shot you a PM but here is mine.

12 XP-G CW

12 XR-E RB

12 - XP-G 40 Degree Optics

12 - XR-E 8 Degree Optics

12- XR-E 40 Degree Optics

Thanks for getting this together.

-Dave

I think you can get away with the 13 XP-G CW and 1 MW for your refugium. Im thinking you might be able to use 52 LEDs and 4 MW on each of the other 2 tanks. 4 rows of 13 spaced 3 inches apart with no optics should almost match your t5 lighting. 78 LEDs and 6 MW with 60 degree optics would blend and work optimally for your setup. HTH, let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thanks for the advice. I think i will just get enough to experiment with for now, as I really dont have the money at the momnet to do what I want.

13 XP-G CW

13 XP-E RB

2 ELN-60-48-D

6 40 degree optics

May we just PM you our orders? I'd imagine that could get confusing. I'll keep checking back every so often, hopefully you can get the group buy link back up... it appears as though it was just an am/pm oversight.

Thank You!

May we just PM you our orders? I'd imagine that could get confusing. I'll keep checking back every so often, hopefully you can get the group buy link back up... it appears as though it was just an am/pm oversight.

Thank You!

The group buy link will not be back up, it was used to simplify the process and make it easier to get paypal and shipping information.

Post here what you would like and make sure that it is updated on the first post sometime tomorrow.

There is no harm in pm'ing as well to supplement.

The group buy link will not be back up, it was used to simplify the process and make it easier to get paypal and shipping information.

Post here what you would like and make sure that it is updated on the first post sometime tomorrow.

There is no harm in pm'ing as well to supplement.

Sent a PM but I'm going to post here too.

24 CREE XP-G CW (R4'S)

24 XP-E ROYAL BLUES

4 Meanwell Dimmable drivers

Thanks. Will a paypal invoice be sent.

If you need my email/paypal username.

tuumi@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot. This is great.

A friend of mine asked to piggy back on my order, so if you could add this. Thanks much. I guess this make FRAGO #3...

6 XR-E RB

6 XR-E 40 optics

wwu123 if you go to Western and are down in Seattle/Kent regularly you are welcome to piggyback on my order to save on shipping.

Also things are going great deep, me and amnesiak are working on a bunch of different things and I want to try these new XP-Gs over my pico as well as build another pico fixture :ninja: I *almost* talked my sister's fiance into LED actinics for his 120g, you'll have to do another group buy this summer and I'll have him for sure. I sent you a PM with all my info, thanks for putting this together :)

Greetings,

Count me in!

I would like:

(20) X-RE Cool Whites

(19) X-RE Royal Blues

(3) MeanWell ELN 60-48 D

(39) X-RE 60 degree optics

I also PM'd you with my details.

Excited about the build guys!

Thanks

Archived