Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

LEDs and LENSES Group Buy Part 2! CLOSED!

deepdvnarq

I am one of the people in interested on the site. I may actually up my order to 80ish (I hope) I am wondering what the wait time will be for shipping after the end of the group buy. IE when can we expect them to be arriving?

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am one of the people in interested on the site. I may actually up my order to 80ish (I hope) I am wondering what the wait time will be for shipping after the end of the group buy. IE when can we expect them to be arriving?

if all goes well and there are no surprise backorders, 2 weeks. the other GB went fairly well. (check it out on my signature) it takes a week for me to get the LEDs and everything also depends on how fast everyone pays.

please everyone, check your paypal info to make sure it is correct. for those who havent signed up on the other site, please do or at the end of the GB, please PM your paypal address to me. for the international orders, dont worry about the group buy site until i fix the problem. i screwed up when i setup the group buy.

Dennis, please put me down for 14 meanwell "D"

Also, do you know how the lenses attach? I just got some samples from ledlink (lenses) and there is no way to attach them if using the 20mm star with the LEDs (the lens covers the solder pads on the star).

The lenses are a tapered cone shape which friction fits tightly over the retainer ring around the emitter. They leave all soldering pads completely open. They are the best designed lens system I have seen for an LED, and require no glue/screws/etc. for attachment. If you're nervous about them falling off you can put a dab of glue or silicone at the base, though I've been running 44 since June without a single one loosening or falling off.

HTH,

Tim

Also, do you know how the lenses attach? I just got some samples from ledlink (lenses) and there is no way to attach them if using the 20mm star with the LEDs (the lens covers the solder pads on the star).

will the meanwells end up being on back order then? sorry if I missed it earlier from what i read they will be on back order depend on how many are bought?if so whats the wait on them?

The lenses are a tapered cone shape which friction fits tightly over the retainer ring around the emitter. They leave all soldering pads completely open. They are the best designed lens system I have seen for an LED, and require no glue/screws/etc. for attachment. If you're nervous about them falling off you can put a dab of glue or silicone at the base, though I've been running 44 since June without a single one loosening or falling off.

HTH,

Tim

Thanks Tim. The ones you describe are the ones I have for my XR-E, but the XP-G is such a small die that I can't imagine one of those cone type lenses actually being able to attach to it. Do the lenses you refer to fit on the XP-G?

Ah, my bad. I didn't know you were referring to the xp-g lenses specifically. That could be a problem.

I know I've used a dremel to notch a hole in the lens holder before to make room for the wires to emerge on the style like you linked to, but that would be a major PITA on all 44 xp-g's I'm ordering... maybe evilc66 has seen the lenses in action?

Thanks Tim. The ones you describe are the ones I have for my XR-E, but the XP-G is such a small die that I can't imagine one of those cone type lenses actually being able to attach to it. Do the lenses you refer to fit on the XP-G?

Im interested in buying some leds im just not sure what kind of setup I might need for a jbj 3gal pico. If anyone has any ideas can you pm them to me thanks.

got you down

the lenses are made specifically for these LEDs only. they just snap on. for added security you can add a dap of silicone. Do not use crazy glue!

Ah, my bad. I didn't know you were referring to the xp-g lenses specifically. That could be a problem.

I know I've used a dremel to notch a hole in the lens holder before to make room for the wires to emerge on the style like you linked to, but that would be a major PITA on all 44 xp-g's I'm ordering... maybe evilc66 has seen the lenses in action?

thanks therman, i dont know about the xpg lenses either. i'll look up the specs in a moment. it usually has a pic or something that might give us an answer.

Im interested in buying some leds im just not sure what kind of setup I might need for a jbj 3gal pico. If anyone has any ideas can you pm them to me thanks.

can you PM me dimensions please. i converted a 3gal eclpise and i used a total of 7 leds. 3 cw and 4 rb.

it was 11lx8"dx10t. i hope that helps some. you could use 8 for a little better coverage, you could use 8 witha 2 row by 4 LED array.

will the meanwells end up being on back order then? sorry if I missed it earlier from what i read they will be on back order depend on how many are bought?if so whats the wait on them?

if they are on back orer they will take 7t8 weeks. i already sent them an email and will call them tomorow to see if they will reserve some for us. i will post when ihave more info.

I am looking to add actinic support to my halide setup. So I am after just the Royal Blues...quetions is, if i am running a 150watt Phoenix bulb, how many Royal Blue LED's do I need to get a very blue colour and make the corals pop/flouresce nicely? Its not worth adding a few only for the halid to wash out any blue/actinic effect. Many thanks.

I am looking to add actinic support to my halide setup. So I am after just the Royal Blues...quetions is, if i am running a 150watt Phoenix bulb, how many Royal Blue LED's do I need to get a very blue colour and make the corals pop/flouresce nicely? Its not worth adding a few only for the halid to wash out any blue/actinic effect. Many thanks.

you need to be a little more specific. what lighting fixture you have. tank dimensions? you are going to need enough to go across your tank at about 2" spacing. i dont know if it will make your tank bluer, but it will make the corals and fish pop. see evil's group buy on his actintics for the sunpod. you will need something like that.

hey guys, excuse my lack of knowledge, but i dont know and cant find info on the difference between all these LED's, i need some for a NC6 retro. can someone explain or point me in the right direction? i need CW and RB's but dont know what type to go with =/

hey guys, excuse my lack of knowledge, but i dont know and cant find info on the difference between all these LED's, i need some for a NC6 retro. can someone explain or point me in the right direction? i need CW and RB's but dont know what type to go with =/

go with the xr-e's plenty of power for this little tank

16 XR-E 80 degree lenses, please. When do we order/paypal/receive?

the GB ends on Jan 30th . i will PM the people to which i dont have their paypal address a couple of days before the end of the GB. i will send you an invoice. if no delays are to be had, you will get your stuff in about 2 weeks after the end of the GB. you might be better off getting your optics somewhere else because there is a $12 flat rate shipping fee for US shipments. get it from Evil at nanotuners. here's the link you'll also get it in a few days.

let me know if you still want to ge it though the group buy.

I have the JBJ 28G with the HQI. I may retrofit the LEDs into the current canopy somehow or else build a new canopy. OK, so I may not achieve a blue look, but I want the corals to flouresce as much as possible, therefore ow many LEDs would be suitable for this setup?

I have the JBJ 28G with the HQI. I may retrofit the LEDs into the current canopy somehow or else build a new canopy. OK, so I may not achieve a blue look, but I want the corals to flouresce as much as possible, therefore ow many LEDs would be suitable for this setup?

i just looked at the hood of your tank. i would say 8 RB xp-e's if you can put on each side of the MH bulb.

the GB ends on Jan 30th . i will PM the people to which i dont have their paypal address a couple of days before the end of the GB. i will send you an invoice. if no delays are to be had, you will get your stuff in about 2 weeks after the end of the GB. you might be better off getting your optics somewhere else because there is a $12 flat rate shipping fee for US shipments. get it from Evil at nanotuners. here's the link you'll also get it in a few days.

let me know if you still want to ge it though the group buy.

Thank you very much for being up front about this. I'm going to order from Evil so i can have them in a week.

Thanks again.

I am "interested" in 8 meanwell "D", 36XP-G, 68XP-E, and 104 40 degree XP lenses. I did the groupbuysite for the LEDs.

edit: I want 6 Meanwell "D", 24 XR-E CW, 48 XR-E RB, and 70 60 degree XR lenses. Sorry for the changeup. After sleeping on it I had an early morning idea that I think will be better. I will PM you my change too. There shouldnt be anymore changes.

Archived