Coral Vue Hydros

LEDs and LENSES Group Buy Part 2! CLOSED!

deepdvnarq

Just checking if you have shipped mine.

Thanks.

yes

warning lables!

jtro and jma1978 is shipping out in 30 mins.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
qualitycontrol

Now this IS getting serious. I am so anxious to receive my drivers. I guess I better get started on the heatsink mounting and wiring so when the drivers get here I am ready to mount and go!

Dennis

Thanks a bunch! Kind of late to ask now, but what bins did we end up geeting. Just wondering for comparison, as I will be needing more LEDs in the near future. Thanks!

deepdvnarq
Dennis

Thanks a bunch! Kind of late to ask now, but what bins did we end up geeting. Just wondering for comparison, as I will be needing more LEDs in the near future. Thanks!

both royal blues are d3 15 and 14.

The xre cw are wg q5

the xpg cw are oc r5

Dennis, Sir!

Thank you very much. Received my drivers last week. Awesome work!

Best Regards,

spacey B)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I received my stuff quite a while ago and built part of my array which I have been using with my old current sources.

Today I went to hook up one of the ELN-60-48D drivers to the string and cant get more than a ~27V output with 13 diodes in series (6 or 7 lit and the others dark).

Hook it up to the 6 diode string, ~27 volt output.

Hook it up to the 7 diode string, ~27 volt output.

The voltage adjustment knob seems to have no effect as I expected with 13 in series to be able to adjust the pot and change the number of diodes lit (or preferably have them all lit...)

Did anyone else get 27's labeled as 47's or am I doing something wrong here?

I have not yet gone through the effort of setting up the other driver to see if its the same but wanted to get some feedback from other people involved in the gb to see if they had similar issues.

- Ian

EDIT: Another thing that surprised me is that they still have some output with 0VDC on the dimming adjustment (really low current but I expected to use the dimmer like a switch based on the datasheet).

I received my stuff quite a while ago and built part of my array which I have been using with my old current sources.

Today I went to hook up one of the ELN-60-48D drivers to the string and cant get more than a ~27V output with 13 diodes in series (6 or 7 lit and the others dark).

Hook it up to the 6 diode string, ~27 volt output.

Hook it up to the 7 diode string, ~27 volt output.

The voltage adjustment knob seems to have no effect as I expected with 13 in series to be able to adjust the pot and change the number of diodes lit (or preferably have them all lit...)

Did anyone else get 27's labeled as 47's or am I doing something wrong here?

I have not yet gone through the effort of setting up the other driver to see if its the same but wanted to get some feedback from other people involved in the gb to see if they had similar issues.

- Ian

EDIT: Another thing that surprised me is that they still have some output with 0VDC on the dimming adjustment (really low current but I expected to use the dimmer like a switch based on the datasheet).

Did you lower your SVR2 before you hooked things up then set your max current with your max dimming input? All of the LEDs should light, none should be out if wired right and the LEDs are still good... just a couple things to check first. If some work and some don't there is a problem with your build. Also you'll have to cut the power to the driver to shut them all the way off, I've found there is some leak-through current that keeps the LEDs glowing even with no dimming input.

Tim

Did you lower your SVR2 before you hooked things up then set your max current with your max dimming input? All of the LEDs should light, none should be out if wired right and the LEDs are still good... just a couple things to check first. If some work and some don't there is a problem with your build. Also you'll have to cut the power to the driver to shut them all the way off, I've found there is some leak-through current that keeps the LEDs glowing even with no dimming input.

Tim

Hey Tim,

Thanks for the response.

I agree that these emitters are exhibiting properties that I have never heard of.

They have never been abused and I have been careful with setting the current limits (I even tested the settings first with an 8 CW fixture that I had been using initially).

In terms of there being a problem with my build, both strings of leds (CW + 2 UV in || and a RB string) work perfectly when fired separately. I almost didn't notice that ~half the diodes weren't firing since it was a mix (some RB and some CW) that fired when I ran all 13 (I'm counting the 2 UV as 1) in series. Measured a little under an amp through the string and ~27 volts across the output. I figure that being a current source its forcing out an amp but is hitting a 27v voltage limit. I am confused but have no better explanation...

If you or anyone else has a good idea of whats going on I would love to hear it cause right now the only thing I can figure is someone put the wrong cover on my driver and sent me a 27 labeled as a 48 (as in someone at the meanwell factory).

Thanks,

-Ian

EDIT: Changed to diameter of the wire on the DC circuit to a 14 gauge multi-strand and all diodes are emitting. I performed a full ohm check on the circuit before changing with no issues so it seems the DC losses were too high with the wire I had been using (and should have known better).

Thanks, I hope this helps anyone else who has similar issues in the future

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Dennis... got my drivers and LEDs a while ago... however, I just started setting things up yesterday.

I'm convinced 2 of my 3 drivers are duds as the SVR2 pots have no stopping-point when i turn them CCW or CW and their current is stuck reading 2.11A on my multimeter. I would have assumed it was my error in measuring, however, the 3rd driver had a functioning SVR2 pot and was easily adjusted to read 700ma on my multimeter. I've contacted Meanwell about the issue and am wondering if this was a problem for anyone else?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived