Cultivated Reef

Bamato's 70g Scorpion Tank

Bamato

smokey_the_bear

beautiful!! i love predatory tanks. but how do you reach in there? without getting pricked :P

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very carefully. Most of these guys are more hesitant to sting than you'd think. But thats no reason to be complacent. I've had them brush against me a few times. You just have to pay attention, and put your hands in the tank as little as possible.

Lost my big ruby red female this morning. She's been strange for a few days. This is depressing. She was so pretty.

I had a feeling I was losing her. She was very lethargic the last week. Not eating, hiding, very cryptic. When she finally emerged from hiding yesterday she had lost lots of her color. I'm not 100% sure what caused this. Part of me thinks she was accidentally over-fed. She snatched a big piece of fish that was meant for my larger Brasilensis a few feedings ago. She had quite the bulge in her stomach for a while. When she finally came out, the bulge was gone, but I think the damage was already done. I couldn't get her to eat still.

I feel terrible.

I actually took my chances on buying a non divers den item from Liveaquaria. worked out pretty well if you ask me.

animalmaster6

Wow. Last time I did that I never got a shrimp, 4 nudis arrived late, and one fish was giant and the other tiny! :lol:

Yeah I was taking quite the risk. Really the only reason I ordered from there was my rents were putting in an order for some stuff, so I avoided shipping. :)

Haven't gotten him/her to eat yet. Might have to go get some small molly's or danios to feed it with. I hate feeding freshwater stuff, but I usually only have to do it once or twice before I can successfully wean.

Fortunately, the live feeding is only temporary. We all have our preferences though. I probably wouldn't be able to keep all the fish you'll have in your 125 because I'd get tired of feeding every day :P

Archived