ReefCleaners.org

Bamato's 70g Scorpion Tank

Bamato

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Renee, I got the photo you asked for. It's the best I could do, she was far from the glass.. Sorry, blurry.

Fuzzies2002.jpg

Got some pics of the fox, and a few FTS for you FTS junkies :) Not much in the ways of coral yet, but we'll get there.

FTS001.jpg

FTS002.jpg

Sorry about the glare, and it's a little over exposed :(

FTS004.jpg

Way too small.... Although, the painted angler eating silversides was tempting..... ;)

Nice Pics!

You aquascape is incredible! How'd you do it?

Bulk Reef Supply reef saver rock is REALLY cool. Can do some really neat stuff with it. The totoka holds together on it's own really well too.

Had an interesting night last night... Came home from vacation to find my new female fuzzy's mouth stuck wide open. Did some reading and came to the conclusion that sometimes they can dis-locate their jaws. I figured I would give it a day or two to clear up on its own. However, after the lights went out last night, she was cruising around the tank and I noticed that there was, in fact, something stuck in her mouth. As much as I hate netting lions, I had to. I pulled her out, set her on the counter, and she was nice enough to let me reach in with some forceps and pull out a clam shell the size of a dime.

Made for a fun night :/

She seemed to be all fine and dandy this morning when I left for work. I made it as least stressful as possible. I got her out of the water, the shell out of her mouth, and back in the tank within a minute or two.

I got home today to her happily swimming through the tank... she looks hungry :) But I'm going to wait another day to feed her.

Ok so I saw a Fu Man Chu at the LFS and was sooooooo tempted...what can u tell me about them?

do I have to feed live foods...will he eat my royal gramma?

Halp

scorpkeeper

your tank is coming along nicely, Bam.

how's the female fuzzy after her "shell-ectomy"? she's really a looker...knockout coloration to be sure.

Ok so I saw a Fu Man Chu at the LFS and was sooooooo tempted...what can u tell me about them?

do I have to feed live foods...will he eat my royal gramma?

Halp

Most likely yes, he'll chow on your royal gramma (unless the fish is much larger than him, but you still run the risk). They aren't the most active fish though. But have fantastic personalities :). The best thing I could recommend would be to see if the LFS can try feeding it something frozen. If you're lucky, you can find one that likes frozen food. However, if you've never weaned a fish off of live food before, a biocellatus would be my last choice for you. I got extremely lucky in that I found one that was eating frozen. They are notoriously difficult to wean. I still think he is my favorite though :) If you plan on keeping other predators in the tank as well, definitely buy a fu first and getting his feeding in order. With other predators in the tank, it would be very difficult wean him without being bothered by other pesky critters :)

Let me know if you have any other questions :) I like turning people to the "scorp" side. And I'm sure Greg and Renee will be happy to help with that as well :)

your tank is coming along nicely, Bam.

how's the female fuzzy after her "shell-ectomy"? she's really a looker...knockout coloration to be sure.

She's doing very well. So well that I've got her on frozen food finally ( I still have to tease her a bit, and feed her whole silversides, she hasn't gotten to that "will eat anything" point yet). Her and the male are in-separable.

• 2 weeks later...

Fu Man Chu lions are so cool looking. I am so tempted to get some if I ever decide to do a tank other than my Biocube 14. Your tank is looking great :happy:!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, some new pics :)

Updates017.jpg

Updates004.jpg

Updates005.jpg

I just realized after posting this, that in the background it says "zoom" backwards on the glass... which is ironic because he's quite quick... lol

Updates006.jpg

Updates021.jpg

Updates022.jpg

This was a freebie, my rents had one that split three ways!

Updates023.jpg

Updates025.jpg

Dirty Beggar

Updates026.jpg

Updates027-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Got an extremely pretty new gal/dude for my 70g recently :)

Lot's of pics, sorry for the blurry, he/she's very elegant and waving those fins around constantly.

Mantislion005.jpg

Mantislion007.jpg

Mantislion008.jpg

Mantislion009.jpg

Mantislion006.jpg

Mantislion010.jpg

Mantislion011.jpg

Mantislion012.jpg

This was a fairly difficult fish to come by... almost had to work as hard to get this as I did the mantis... lol

And this little guy always wants to be part of picture time!

Mantislion004.jpg

Archived