Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Bamato's 70g Scorpion Tank

Bamato

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New pics! These pictures don't do this girl any justice... She has a ruby red body, bright pink pectoral fins, and a yellow face :)

Fuzzies003.jpg

Fuzzies009.jpg

Yellow face

Fuzzies004.jpg

And my puppy dog. Anytime I approach the tank, he scuttles by to see what I'm up to, or if I'm bringing him mucnhins and crunchins...

Fuzzies007.jpg

Additions2005.jpg

Additions2002.jpg

And this is my big female's man. He's not as exciting, has some cool yellows and greens in his fins, and is a hungry hungry hippo. (sorry only have pictures of him in the bag at the moment)

Additions2007.jpg

Thats it for now. I'll have some good FTS up soon :)

And a one-spot foxface :)

I'm actively seeking another female fuzzy. As I'd like to have a trio :)

And if I come across a healthy looking antennata anytime soon, I'll be very happy. They are just really poor shippers. I had one DOA recently that was really upsetting.

The foxface was sort of a random buy. I wanted something that swims in the tank, and something to eat any algae and scraps the lions leave behind. I had originally planned on a powder brown tang, but after reading how prone they are to diseases, I passed.

So the overall plan is to have the three fuzzies, the fu, the antennata, and the foxface.

And although I had originally planned to not do much with corals, I've changed my mind on that as well. There will mostly be branching LPS and and acans. I will definately be putting some deresa clams in here as well :) Some nems would be cool too ;)

seahorsedreams

Those are beautiful pictures and beautiful fish.

If the opportunity arises, could you take a side pic of the female with her pectoral fins kindda flat against her body?

I can sure try :) Are you trying to verify sex? I'm fairly certain it's female, she has barely six stripes, and the fins stop well before the caudal peduncle, but I wouldn't mind a second look ;)

Beautiful dwarfs. My LFS ordered a dwarf zebra for my 55 but he didn't make it through QT, they're holding off to order me another one from a different batch. I'm probably going to upgrade the 55 to my old 125 so I might upgrade lion's to a russel's!

animalmaster6
And a one-spot foxface :)

I'm actively seeking another female fuzzy. As I'd like to have a trio :)

And if I come across a healthy looking antennata anytime soon, I'll be very happy. They are just really poor shippers. I had one DOA recently that was really upsetting.

The foxface was sort of a random buy. I wanted something that swims in the tank, and something to eat any algae and scraps the lions leave behind. I had originally planned on a powder brown tang, but after reading how prone they are to diseases, I passed.

So the overall plan is to have the three fuzzies, the fu, the antennata, and the foxface.

And although I had originally planned to not do much with corals, I've changed my mind on that as well. There will mostly be branching LPS and and acans. I will definately be putting some deresa clams in here as well :) Some nems would be cool too ;)

Sounds like a good tank in the making even though it is already good lol

That fish is awesome!

How do you like your skimmer? I've got one in the mail right now should be here Friday. What model do you have?

scorpkeeper

i HATE scorps...your tank sux! j/k (of course) :lol:

it's looking REALLY sweet, and you did indeed score on your "pre-weaned" Fu. seriously, this is pretty exciting for me, as there aren't too many peeps to "compare notes" with, and the fact that you're thinking a larger lion tank is great! do let us know how the unimaculatus works out. i've considered a foxface for the volitans/Rhino tank (i really liked the vulpinus we had for a number of years).

keep the updates and pix coming!

The fox is doing really well actually. No quarrels between him and the scorps. I think they share a mutual respect for one another. It does make tank maintenance interesting though, he gets very curious, and a rabbit darting across the tank at light speed can startle even the most affirmed person. It's bad enough having lions all over the tank. But at least the lions are generally slow movers, and will scuttle away when I'm playing in the tank.

The biocellatus was a score all around. He was pre-weaned, and he's a big puppy dog. He has an unbelievable amount of personality. I'm really happy I found him. I wasn't planning on having one in the tank, especially not as my first lion, as I had never weaned a fish of live food before, but when I saw he was eating mysis I snagged him up. So he was on silverside within a few days. Him and I had an accidental run in the other day.... a piece of silverside slid off the stick, I reached in to grab it (not paying attention to how close he was) and he dove into my and grabbed it. He was nice enough not to ping me, but I won't let that happen again! He's a dirty begger ;)

Say Greg, you wouldn't know a good place to find an antennata would you? ;)

That fish is awesome!

How do you like your skimmer? I've got one in the mail right now should be here Friday. What model do you have?

I love it! Works like a charm. Very quiet!

I'm extremely clean when I feed though. To the point of removing loose scales from the silversides before letting the scorps eat. I think it comes from being a nano owner, and any bit of loose food meant nitrates. This tank actually stays VERY clean for being a large predator tank. You'd be surprised :)

You're killing me animal! lol

I've considered all those fish actually. I have an LFS out here that has a ruby red leaf I almost bought (79$), but it would have been lunch for my female fuzzy most likely. It was very teeny. And those can be really hard to ween.

Also, for a little while (not sure if its still there) another LFS (aquatouch) had a really pretty Frondosa for 299. I wasn't ready to spend that kind of money on one fish.... but it was a beauty.

The hawkfish I actually hadn't thought about, and know very little about. I like to know lots before I buy. I spent weeks trying to figure out if a rabbit fish was a good fit. You have to consider things like size, aggressiveness, what they eat, are they reef safe (as I still want a reef safe tank), clam safe, are they aggressive eaters, the list goes one. It may not seem like it, but there is a very dynamic method to my scorpion induced madness ;)

squirrelieygrrrl

great tank! love the scorp, what a face that one has.

cant wait to see how it all develops.

animalmaster6
You're killing me animal! lol

I've considered all those fish actually. I have an LFS out here that has a ruby red leaf I almost bought (79$), but it would have been lunch for my female fuzzy most likely. It was very teeny. And those can be really hard to ween.

Also, for a little while (not sure if its still there) another LFS (aquatouch) had a really pretty Frondosa for 299. I wasn't ready to spend that kind of money on one fish.... but it was a beauty.

The hawkfish I actually hadn't thought about, and know very little about. I like to know lots before I buy. I spent weeks trying to figure out if a rabbit fish was a good fit. You have to consider things like size, aggressiveness, what they eat, are they reef safe (as I still want a reef safe tank), clam safe, are they aggressive eaters, the list goes one. It may not seem like it, but there is a very dynamic method to my scorpion induced madness ;)

haha

I wouldn't exactly recommend that hawk because they get huge. Maybe a smaller one. They are fine with clams,corals and would fit your Predatory Theme.

Plus, from what I've read so far, they are somewhat aggressive. Lions may not seem like passive fish, but they very much are.

animalmaster6

I know lions are very peaceful, just not that good to be near :lol:

Some hawks aren't aggressive. That one is but check out the Falco's hawk or Geometric Perchlet/Hawk

Archived