Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

FishEye Aquaculture Updates!

FishEyeAquaculture

FishEyeAquaculture

Well, the update is that I hatched a spwan last night. So far, very good results with 100% hatches. I will try to take a picture of my oldest baby with "snowflake" patterns this weekend so everyone can see the color progression.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The other thread title having to do with these fish is misleading to what was actually accomplished.any updates?

you are all about causing trouble arent you?

FishEyeAquaculture
you are all about causing trouble arent you?

Why did you come over here to push buttons? Keep it out of my thread.

FishEyeAquaculture
i thought these threads were about teaching about and sharing awesome fish. when did it stop?

Not sure why that was brought to my thread.

Why did you come over here to push buttons? Keep it out of my thread.

im so sorry master, my bad master. It will never happen again master. PFFFFFFFFT!!! take a chill pill.

FishEyeAquaculture
sweet is that the only survivor?

The only survivor from the first spawn. I have many more, but they are currently in systems that you can only see in from the top down. When old enough to move to the actual tanks, and don't die from shock when they are netted up (because they are so young), I will take pics of more!

FishEyeAquaculture
hey john,

looks like youre about to have a lot of fish! are you gonna build a growout in your garage to house all of these guys?

I already have a growout system and holding system built.

• 2 weeks later...

Would that one be considered a Grade A, Grade B, or actually a "Snowflake"? I figured to be a Snowflake it would have to have connected patterns.

That is FANTASTIC that you got them to breed and have had that much success. Congratulations!

How long do you think it will be until you can tell if you have any with more white on their bodies' like this girl?

I'm trying to find a male or a juvie for her. Have any shown Black body color with the snowflake pattern?

PICT1278.JPG

Thanks a ton,

Kevin

• 2 months later...
FishEyeAquaculture
bump

Illidan, thanks for the bump! Sorry I haven't posted in a while, been very busy moving and my wife is expecting our new baby boy any day! Good news though because the place where I moved has a 900 sq ft garage and that is where I am building my new breeding/rearing systems. I just got done installing a Trane XL15i A/C to heat and cool the garage and I am almost finished with the new systems so I will post pictures when it is done.

• 2 months later...
reef keeper

i read this whole thread and congrats on them breeding. im trying to breed picassos got any tips on breeding them?

Archived