Pod Your Reef

FishEye Aquaculture Updates!

FishEyeAquaculture

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol! Shameless self promotion! Nice to see another vendor that Kris is carrying though! I was wondering if you were just hoarding your broods.

FishEyeAquaculture
Lol! Shameless self promotion! Nice to see another vendor that Kris is carrying though! I was wondering if you were just hoarding your broods.

I wish I had enough room to hoard all my broods.

• 3 weeks later...
FishEyeAquaculture

Back in July, I shared some pictures of some juvenile "Dirty" Snowflake Ocellaris. Well, I set aside some pairs for our broodstock program and wanted to share how they look now!

DirtySnowflake4.jpg

DirtySnowflake3.jpg

DirtySnowflake2.jpg

DirtySnowflake1.jpg

FishEyeAquaculture
I'm digging the snow / onyx - be neat to see them in 6 months....

Yeah, I am pleasantly surprised with how they are turning out!!!

.. but I'm really liking the dirty snows, those are cool.

Me too, the few that I have held back for our broodstock program are quickly becoming my favorite fish!!

FishEyeAquaculture
Very nice looking fish. Are they Percula or Ocellaris? Also can you post a picture of the proud parents? Thank you!!

Sure! Which ones, the "Dirty" Snows or the Snow Onyx?

FishEyeAquaculture
Beautiful fish!!! What type are the babies? Occ or Perc?

6 gallon nano reef 101 is correct, the result is a hybrid known as "Percularis" with some being Snow Onyx.

FishEyeAquaculture
NONE of my percularis hybrids took on any traits as far as pigmentation from their Onyx mother.

Well I would have to say that based on the picture below...I have lucked out!

SnowOnyx1.jpg

FishEyeAquaculture
What's the lineage on the mother,did u use the same onyx u been using for your smores?

The mother onyx of our Snow Onyx is directly from C-quest. I purchased a group of them right before they shut down their PR site.

I never used an onyx to make our s'mores. The S'more clownfish or Black Ice was a product of a Snowflake female and a black ocellaris (darwin) male.

Archived