inTank Media Baskets

FishEye Aquaculture Updates!

FishEyeAquaculture

NiCE!!! congrats... I've been wondering who would get a chance to do this combo... looking forward to seeing them mature... either Chocolate or Black SnowFlakes would be awesome!!!

tagging along... :)

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FishEyeAquaculture
NiCE!!! congrats... I've been wondering who would get a chance to do this combo... looking forward to seeing them mature... either Chocolate or Black SnowFlakes would be awesome!!!

tagging along... :)

Thank you for your kind words!

FishEyeAquaculture
Correct me if i am wrong but the ones that derived from the UK were being breed from Snowflake/B&w mix?

I purchased my female Snowflake back in late 2004 from TMC (UK). That was when Snowflakes first became available. As for the Snowflakes coming from TMC being a Snowflake/B&w mix, I don't think so. Not dark enough. ORA released Chocolate Ocellaris as a Valentines day special back in '08, they were from a Orange/B&W mix...they are no longer available from ORA.

Hyperboy, love the fish!

Can you tell me a bit about the fry tank and what you did to raise the fry? I am having a bit of trouble with that part. I have a breeding pair of percs. (female is a black onyx, and the male is an ORA misbar)

but i cant seem to get past day 5/6.

any help would be greatly appreciated on food, tank set up, etc.

FishEyeAquaculture
Hyperboy, love the fish!

Can you tell me a bit about the fry tank and what you did to raise the fry? I am having a bit of trouble with that part. I have a breeding pair of percs. (female is a black onyx, and the male is an ORA misbar)

but i cant seem to get past day 5/6.

any help would be greatly appreciated on food, tank set up, etc.

Llewos, Thank you for the compliment.

All of my fish; percula, snowflakes, ocellaris, picassos, and gobies are raised in 10gal tanks filled halfway with aged saltwater. They are fed rotifers twice a day and their water is kept green at all times. Water changes happen in the morning, roughly 10%. This happens till day 3 or 4. I then start adding freshly hatched brine (decaped). On day 5 or 6 the baby brine and rotifers are done and crushed flake is fed. Hope this helps, feel free to PM me if you have any further questions!

FishEyeAquaculture

Update! They spawned again last night...every 8 days, which is a really nice fast cycle! Thank you everyone for your generous compliments!

FishEyeAquaculture
What percentages have snowflake patterns

It really varies per spawn, never less than 50%. However, I have counted 75% or higher. This is exciting because as with any pair of clownfish their spawns only get larger each time. I just wish I knew for sure what color they are going to be, but I guess that's why the unknown is exciting...... :lol:

Update! They spawned again last night...every 8 days, which is a really nice fast cycle! Thank you everyone for your generous compliments!

how many batches do you have atm? and how old are the 1st hatchings?

so cool that you get 50% Snowflakes each batch... :)

FishEyeAquaculture
how many batches do you have atm? and how old are the 1st hatchings?

so cool that you get 50% Snowflakes each batch... :)

They have spwned 8 times since early October. So, currently I have 8 batches growing. Their first batch was really a learning expierence being a new pair....and really there is only one survivor from that first batch, but it just so happens that it has snowflake patterns!

They have spwned 8 times since early October. So, currently I have 8 batches growing. Their first batch was really a learning expierence being a new pair....and really there is only one survivor from that first batch, but it just so happens that it has snowflake patterns!

wOw... that's a lot of babies... :) :) :)

looking forward to seeing more pics when you take some... :)

Archived