SaltCritters.com

FishEye Aquaculture Updates!

FishEyeAquaculture

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I have a fat domino clownfish with one white spot on the right side, if you have a left side white spot please let me know. I am looking for a mate for him/ her. Thanks!

FishEyeAquaculture
OH NO! HE HIT UP THIS THREAD TOO! :o

Yeah, that was weird.... :huh:

Hi, I have a fat domino clownfish with one white spot on the right side, if you have a left side white spot please let me know. I am looking for a mate for him/ her. Thanks!

I will keep you in mind!

I posted this picture in my For Sale thread last night, but I thought I would share it over on this thread too.

Super Snowflakes

supersnowflake1.jpg

supersnowflake23.jpg

Here's my little fat whale "Free Willy" Domino clownfish.. We are on a mission to look for a soul mate for him

IMG_2070.jpg

IMG_2069.jpg

Hope you can help out! thanks :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
FishEyeAquaculture

Check out this variation of snowflake that are starting to pop up in our batches. We are calling them "Dirty" Snowflakes.

dirtysnowflakePair.jpg

dirtysnowflake.jpg

FishEyeAquaculture
Updates? How much are the dirty snowflakes?

I am really not sure if I want to sell them. They are a cool variation of the snowflake...I might keep them! If I start coming across more then I will put the ones I find up for sale.

FishEyeAquaculture

We have been really busy here with production....and not just fish! I would like to introduce you to my third son, Lincoln Roy! Born July 18, 8.8oz 21" Mama and baby boy are doing well and are home!

AllMyBoys.jpg

Alpha Aquaculture
We have been really busy here with production....and not just fish! I would like to introduce you to my third son, Lincoln Roy! Born July 18, 8.8oz 21" Mama and baby boy are doing well and are home!

AllMyBoys.jpg

Congrats! Nice hatchout!!!

jedimasterben

Huzzah!

The two clowns I got from you are little piggies! They'll eat anything that floats around them! I've got them corraled into the area with the anemone that I'm forcing them to be hosted by, and they're starting to warm up to it after a week or so now.

Thanks again, and congrats on the little one!

FishEyeAquaculture
The two clowns I got from you are little piggies! They'll eat anything that floats around them! I've got them corraled into the area with the anemone that I'm forcing them to be hosted by, and they're starting to warm up to it after a week or so now.

Fantastic! You should definitely share some pictures when you get some time!

Jonathan, I've been gone SO LONG I didn't even know you guys were expecting! MANY, MANY congratulations on the birth of your little boy! What a beautiful picture of the 3 of them! Congrats also on the snow babies!

FishEyeAquaculture

Thank you for sharing those pictures! They look happy! Any luck on them going into the anemone yet?

Jonathan, I've been gone SO LONG I didn't even know you guys were expecting! MANY, MANY congratulations on the birth of your little boy! What a beautiful picture of the 3 of them! Congrats also on the snow babies!

It has been a very long time since I have heard from you...it feels like years!!!!! BTW, those snow babies are your grand-babies.

jedimasterben
Thank you for sharing those pictures! They look happy! Any luck on them going into the anemone yet?

not yet, they havent touched it but maybe once apiece. i have them sitting in a colander with it right now to help them speed up the process ;)

• 2 weeks later...
It has been a very long time since I have heard from you...it feels like years!!!!! BTW, those snow babies are your grand-babies.

Yeah, I had major surgery, so I've been out of commission for a while. Plus we moved out to Pine Island. So I'm just now starting to collect nests again. All of my breeders are back on track except for one pair.

That's so cool that your snow babies are my grand babies! The onyx I got from you has been producing for me with a snow-onyx that I got from Sustainable Aquatics. So you have grand babies as well! Now don't you feel old?? :D

Again, all the best to you and your beautiful family!

• 1 month later...
FishEyeAquaculture

Time for an update and somewhat of a rant...

I am sure all of you clownfish nerds (like me) have seen the "Sustainably Collected", yes, in other words WILD CAUGHT maroon clowns from Papua New Guinea. I completely understand the "cool factor" on unusually marked clowns....especially wild ones. But can one really put a "Sustainably Collected" tag on something that is taken straight off of a reef?!?!?!? Especially when there are aquaculture facilities right here in the US that produce these equally beautiful maroon clownfish!

MatureFishEyeGoldflake.jpg

JuvenileFishEyeGoldFlake.jpg

The problem wit yours is that you don't have millions in advertising.

Imagine if the same people who are pushing sustainability would help the people that are truly making this hobby sustainable. The breeders and hobbiest breeders.

FishEyeAquaculture

Coming soon!!!!

This is the result of a C-Quest Onyx Female and Snowflake (from Eileen) male....in other words, Snow Onyx! Cute little guys, I am happy with the amount of black at only approx. 60dph.

Click to see the video:

th_SnowOnyxBabies.jpg

Archived