Cultivated Reef

Matt's 3g JBJ Picotope

Clavius85

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Houston, we are go for saltwater! Tapwater has been removed and I'm mixing up 4g of saltwater at the moment. I'll give it a few hours to mix and then I'm going to fill the tank with saltwater, sand and live rock. More pictures later...

IMG_1571.jpg

Sooo... yeah. Putting the cleaner shrimp in there turned out to be a mistake. Despite the fact that I put tank water, live rock and sand from my Solana in the pico. :mellow:

Sooo... yeah. Putting the cleaner shrimp in there turned out to be a mistake. Despite the fact that I put tank water, live rock and sand from my Solana in the pico. :mellow:

Did he not make it?....

He didn't enjoy the new tank smell?

Did he not make it?....

Nope. He sure didn't. So I tested the water in the pico:

Nitrates - 0

pH - 8.2

Ammonia - 0

Nitrite - 0

Salinity - 1.026 SG

I don't know what did him in...

maybe a build up of something in the sand.

Could be... or maybe it was just shock. Who knows? But it was a mistake to put it in there in the first place. Time to slow down and give this thing a few weeks.

Mr. Microscope

Looks great! Sorry about your shrimp. For the lamp, you could secure it with some string or wire to make sure you don't end up with PAR38 soup. That's what I did after a weekend of anxiety worrying about it. Also, I'd reccomend raising it up a bit. You'll have some light spillage, but then you won't bleach you corals. Good luck!

Looks great! Sorry about your shrimp. For the lamp, you could secure it with some string or wire to make sure you don't end up with PAR38 soup. That's what I did after a weekend of anxiety worrying about it. Also, I'd reccomend raising it up a bit. You'll have some light spillage, but then you won't bleach you corals. Good luck!

I'm going to check at the hardware store to see if I can find some tighter springs for the lamp.

Archived