Innovative Marine Aquariums

Matt's 3g JBJ Picotope

Clavius85

10/18/2010

This is tank number 3 for me. I traded the original Picotope I had for frags. But since I took down my Solana I decided to go ahead and order another Pico to play with. I'm planning on it being SPS dominated.

Equipment:

• JBJ 3g Picotope
  • Aquaclear 20
  • 25w Stealth Pro Heater
  • Tunze Osmolator (ATO)
  • ReefKeeper Lite
  • Vortech MP10

FTS: 4/9/2011

DSCF2426.jpg

Livestock:

• 1 tiny True Percula Clownfish
  • 3x Sexy Shrimp
  • Dwarf cerith and nassarius snails

Corals:

• Purple Torch w/green tips
  • Duncans
  • Pink Bird's Nest
  • Pink Montipora Digitata
  • Red Montipora Capricornis

DOB: 10/23/2010

event.png

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hehe I have evil plans with this deal as well.

this is also a fantastic way to light them. That and a heatsink and you can diy fab something.

That's my plan anyway.

Did you get this from marinedepot? I have been thinking about ordering one too..hmmm. Any ideas what direction you are going with it?

Yes, I got it for $38 shipped from Marine Depot. I'm going to put it next to my bed and I have a yellow clown goby that I'm planning on eventually putting in it. I'll probably wait on upgrading the lighting.

Don't expect fantastic growth, but that brand is a decent barebones builder. replacing the bulb will show a big improvement too.

Decent fixture though, especially considering the price.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Do you want their number?

I wish I could find a 12" Satellite...

I'm selling my 12" 18w single satellite, it has about a month of use on it.

Would an Aquaclear 50 be too much for the pico? The reason I ask is that I'm setting up another QT tank, a 20L, and I need to buy a filter for it. I'll use it on the QT tank until I'm done with it then put it on the pico. So I was thinking of going with either the Aquaclear 30 or 50. Any thoughts?

I'm selling my 12" 18w single satellite, it has about a month of use on it.

PM'd... twice accidentally.

Would an Aquaclear 50 be too much for the pico? The reason I ask is that I'm setting up another QT tank, a 20L, and I need to buy a filter for it. I'll use it on the QT tank until I'm done with it then put it on the pico. So I was thinking of going with either the Aquaclear 30 or 50. Any thoughts?

I dont think the 50 will be too much. Sounds pretty common to even go with the bigger version on these picos

I've the AC70 on my 2month old Picotope, cut the tab and flow is perfect. Let the tank age long enough and you can increase the flow a bit without sandstorms. I did.

there is a tab that keeps you from moving the tube all the way to the right to decrease flow. if you cut that tab off it gives you some more room. it is on the plastic piece just above the impeller.

Archived