Cultivated Reef

PAR38 SPS BioCube 14g

fmfa0801

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful tanks! What is that big green goniopora looking thing in the second tank? Also, how did you mount your monti's on the wall like that, just putty and super glue?

• 3 weeks later...

"how much did the track lighting cost" I think $20 give or take?

"Beautiful tanks! What is that big green goniopora looking thing in the second tank? Also, how did you mount your monti's on the wall like that, just putty and super glue?"

Yes its a goniopora and used super glue

• 1 month later...

Thanks alot. It does change the look of the BC alot and its different. Let me know if i can help you This was my first SW tank and i think it turned out great. I will how ever be combining this tank and my 34g CADLights into a 50g rimless. So this tank, stand, pump, powerhead & track lighting will be up for sale minus the 2 PAR38s for cheap!

Dang I ordered my tank last week from petco and it should be here tomrrow, I couldn't find a good deal on a used one anywhere around here and I got the new one from petco for like 155$ so not too bad. I had a lamp I was going to use for the par 38s but I didn't realize it needed to be so far from the top of the tank. BC14 is 15" deep correct? So the bulbs need to be about a foot off the top right? I guess I'll need to go pick up some track lightsing or some other type of adjustable desklamps. Thanks again for the great info.

Dang I ordered my tank last week from petco and it should be here tomrrow, I couldn't find a good deal on a used one anywhere around here and I got the new one from petco for like 155$ so not too bad. I had a lamp I was going to use for the par 38s but I didn't realize it needed to be so far from the top of the tank. BC14 is 15" deep correct? So the bulbs need to be about a foot off the top right? I guess I'll need to go pick up some track lightsing or some other type of adjustable desklamps. Thanks again for the great info.

Mine is so high bc im using 40 degree optics. Use a 60 or 80 degree an u can mount it lower

As fate would have it I actually just came home with a BC 29 and stand from craigslist for $75 everything works well its just dirty. So now I'm wondering if 2 par 38s would be enough for the 29 I'm thinking i'll have to do 3. Any idea the best safest way to clean out this tank? I read somewhere about baking soda or maybe white vinegar, but I'm not sure how much to use or if it is safe to use those in a tank that is going to be for a reef.

Thanks for the advice about the vinegar, another member also pointed me in that direction. So right now I have 1G of white distilled vinegar running in the tank full of tap water. Going to let it run for a few hours then scrub with a toothbrush. My wife doesn't really want to do track lighting suspended from the ceiling so I'm wondering if I can just get one of these

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/fuo/2224465680.html without the shades would work to hold the par 38s. I could mount it to the stand and make it adjustable heights. In your experience do you think that would work?

• 7 months later...

Archived