Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

PAR38 SPS BioCube 14g

fmfa0801

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if you're going to eventually surround the bottom portion with zoas and stuff.... what's the point? I guess I can see advantages now, but you're eventually going to block it all off?

So if you're going to eventually surround the bottom portion with zoas and stuff.... what's the point? I guess I can see advantages now, but you're eventually going to block it all off?

I am only going to block with zoas and GSP on the sides. The front will be open like a cave. My fish go under there all the time lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok i changed my scape sorry. I still think it is a good idea with the egg create but the egg create was keeping me from adding more stuff lol. I think the "cave" scape will happen on a bigger tank so I have more room to play with. Added a pygmy angel and RBTA. Sorry iphone pics and vid

r9.jpg

r1.jpg

r2.jpg

r6.jpg

r7.jpg

th_movie-1.jpg

th_movie.jpg

Try the vid on page 2 on this link Picassos http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=217256

I had the clowns in the tank for a few months before I added the sebae anemone. I put it were the clowns always stayed and it only took a few hours to get the first clown to host. Then I re-scaped and the clown followed the sebea nem. The about 2-3 weeks ago I added the RBTA and the same clown uses more of the RBTA during the day and sleeps in the sebae nem at night. The other clown is just slowly starting to get into bc the female is accepting the male.

• 6 months later...

Wow, very nice. I like how you have your montis mounted on the back wall and how your tank has a clean look to it. I'm definitly going to change my rockscape. Good job. :) What kind of lighting are you using? MH?

Wow, very nice. I like how you have your montis mounted on the back wall and how your tank has a clean look to it. I'm definitly going to change my rockscape. Good job. :) What kind of lighting are you using? MH?

2 PAR38s 20k LEDs

Derekcaudill
New pics What do you think?

30efc903.jpg

89ff49a4.jpg

662db9f0.jpg

07178cba.jpg

eb174551.jpg

bb102e81.jpg

75828852.jpg

9bab3ef1.jpg

95aec8af.jpg

f3cbea6a.jpg

41ac7e4f.jpg

32cc14ff.jpg

23562783.jpg

de3db2b9.jpg

I seen the Cape Coral plate hanging on your wall. I assume its the Cape near Fort Myers? I am from Ft Myers.

BioCube is about 1.8 yrs and CADLight is about 8-9 months old. I clean once a week the glass and alot of snails!

These tanks are sxe :naughtydance:

Are those s'mores from hyperboy? Or just reg. semi-snowflakes?

Reg snowflakes

I live in Alva and work in Cape Coral

2 PAR38s 20k LEDs

Are those colors pretty accurate? I am looking at the 20Ks vs the 14Ks but I haven't seen either in real life and am not sure which to get. I like the brighter less blue color (comes from living in Hawaii too long), but I don't want it yellow.

I have never seen the 12k PAR38's but to me the 20k are not over blue. I myself would think the 12k would be too white for my a likings. Search i have seen pics with people that ran both

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This is one of the best tanks I've seen.. I really like your style.

How did you get the biocube to become rimless?

I took the hood off the rim. Then I just peeled the rim off carefully. They used alot of silicone. Then I cut the rim off the the glass stops on the side of the tank. Took about 15 mins. Looks 1000x better than stock.

any pics of how you hung the 2 par38's?

Lowes track light I cut and drilled 2 holes. I used stainless steel cable to hang from roof hooks.

I took the hood off the rim. Then I just peeled the rim off carefully. They used alot of silicone. Then I cut the rim off the the glass stops on the side of the tank. Took about 15 mins. Looks 1000x better than stock.

Lowes track light I cut and drilled 2 holes. I used stainless steel cable to hang from roof hooks.

i also have a biocube 14 and was looking to get a par38 bulb...im assuming u chose 2 bulbs because u didnt have enough light coverage?....would u think one bulb with 80 degree lense hung lower than you have yours would do the trick?

i also have a biocube 14 and was looking to get a par38 bulb...im assuming u chose 2 bulbs because u didnt have enough light coverage?....would u think one bulb with 80 degree lense hung lower than you have yours would do the trick?

I have tried 1 PAR38 with 60 & 40 degree optics and it did not look good. I went with 2 PAR38 with 40 degree. I am getting killer SPS growth and I dont ever mess with my tanks lol

• 2 weeks later...
What's your maintenance routine? Dosing.. etc.. my sps are alive, good PE, but not as colorful as they need to be :).

Fuel amino acids, 2 part cal & alk, feed oyster feast. Thats it! I barely do anything

Archived